Chapter 2

[ Karen's POV ]

After the day I and Monica met, we've been together. Phoebe and Adam, on the other hand are still a sweet and lovely couple. Tak takes care of the zombies staying in the haunted house. George is still in the Hunter foundation because Phoebe told Tak that maybe the Hunters could make him more like of a human.

A new zombie arrived at the haunted house, Popeye told me. Her name is Phione, as in fuh-yow-ni, White. Popeye said that she is pale like any zombie is but her hair is not gray, but dark brown. Her eyes too are not glassy white, but bluish gray. I thought that maybe she did suicide too.

"Hi. I'm Karen," I said with a smile.

"Hello. I'm Phione."

"You're really pretty," she really is.

"Thank... you," she smiled to me and I guess I fell in love with her a little. "I died... last week."

"Ohhh..." I said, nodding slowly like a gesture that shows I understand what a person, or a zombie, just have said.

"I died... because of... drowning," she said. Still smiling. How ironic.

"I died because of drowning too."

Maybe that's why we're both still pretty and look like a human even if we're already a zombie. "But I also took some sleeping pills."

"In my... case... it's because of... flood."

Flood? I asked myself.

"What flood? There's no storm here last week."

"Here," she repeated.

"Don't tell me that-"

"Yeah. I live... lived... in some small... island near... Europe," she said emphasizing on lived.

"How could that happen? Like you, travelling."

"I look like... a human... girl... maybe that's... why."

Yeah. She looks like a human girl. Just like me.

"You look... like.. a human too," she said, smiling again. She smiles a lot and looks like she's happy. Really ironic of her.

"Thank you," I smiled back at her.

"Phione. Please... help me... here," Tak called her.

"I guess you need to help Tak."

"Yeah. I guess. Nice... meeting you... Karen."

She waved at me and I guess that she waved her hand a little bit faster than a newly-died, or should I say newly-born zombie. She walked towards Tak and helped him about something.

It's 5 P.M. already so I bid the zombies goodbye. I kissed Tak on the cheek, where there's still some skin, and told Him that whenever He needs help, He may call me anytime and I'll help. I walked out of the woods and drove my car to the nearest mall. I want to see Tamara and tell her I'm thankful because she helped us.

"Hi Karen. Long time, no see," Tamara greeted me.

"Hello," I smiled at her. "I just want to thank you for hel-"

"Karen?" A familiar voice behind said.

I looked back and there he is. Peter Martinsburg.

"Karen."

He walked towards me as if he's going to hug me. I'm fine with that.

"Hi, Pete."

I hugged him back. Tamara was shocked because of that.

"After the things that happened between us, I realized that I need to find Julie."

I smiled. "So, are you telling me you need my help?"

He nodded.

"Okay."

"Thank-"

"But," I said cutting him off, "you need to die."

Why the hell did I say that?

"If it's for Julie, it's fine."

His words touched my heart.