10/10-Finale

Sasuke POV

When I realized that we should probably head to the location of the party I woke up Nikou by shaking her light–which proved fruitless–and when that didn't work, I shoved her, earning a loud groan and a middle finger towards my face. Isn't she nice?

When she finally wakened up enough to stand up, we began our journey as she rubbed sleep out of the corner of her eyes. We walked at a moderate pace, joking with each other occasionally and making small conversation, all previous events forgotten.

We stopped at the location. Everyone was there already, even Kakashi which is surprise. By everyone I mean all of the 'Konoha 12', their jōnin senseis, Gaara, Kankuro and Temari, Jiraiya-sama and Tsunade-sama and Obito-niisan and Rin-san. So not too many people but enough for Nikou. While she is social, she prefers to stay away from big crowds. Everyone was talking amongst themselves, unaware of our presence, (some ninjas they are.)

The location itself was a stunning area chosen by Ino and Sakura, who claimed to be experts in picking locations for celebrating, it was definitely a place that Nikou would love. And she did, judging by the look on her face. Her eyes were wide open, her eyebrows nearly reaching her hairline and her mouth open slightly, gaping. If you looked deeper you could see the adoration in her eyes. All in all together it created the perfect look of awe. And it was absolutely adorab-GAH! What am I thinking?

The location featured a large lake surrounded by an assortment of flowers such as lavenders, lilacs, lily's and more on one side, over at the other side there were hundreds of tall trees in varying shades of greens in front of great, gray mountains, proudly standing tall in the background. The sky was scattered with fluffy clouds that parted way for the afternoon sun they burned brightly in the sky. I myself, was in awe at the gorgeous sight in front even after having seen it multiple times to set up for today. We decided against tables knowing that Nikou would prefer a picnic blanket of sorts since the closer to nature she is, the happier she is. There are no streamers or banners or anything because we knew that Nikou would complain about us ruining nature, and that's not what we want.

"Finally

"Finally...! Seriously Nikou? Late to your own party? Fall asleep or something?"

A loud voice, belonging to one Inuzuka Kiba, brought us out of our daze. Nikou shook her head lightly and glared at the dog nin before saying, "actually, dog breath, I did fall asleep, maybe you should blame Sasuke for not waking me up fast enough to get here!" I turned to indignantly glare at her for throwing me under the bus. I redirected my annoyance to Kiba after hearing his next comment.

"Hope you weren't sleeping together, fox-face," he says smugly with a dumb smirk across his face. I simply scowl at him him while Nikou starts sputtering then walks over and punches him square in the jaw before tutting and walking away.

Now that our presence has been acknowledged, we begin mingling with the others, eventually separating to talk to different people.

Nikou POV

Oh Kami-sama the location was astounding! It was great until dog breath had to go make his dumb comments... anyway I got loads of presents which I'll take back to the Uchiha compound and leave in my room there, because my parents would think I stole them or something. I'm so close to drawing the line with them after today, I can't believe Kushina did that, Sasuke has seen my parents yell at me before but they never saw him! I don't know why I was so upset though, I think it's just the idea of annoying Sasuke unintentionally or looking ugly was horrible to me. She's such a bitch! Ok, I'll stop ranting now, back to the party!

I approached Gaara who seemed to be alone, still as socially awkward as always.

"How's it shakin', mister Kazekage?" I ask in a teasing tone, to which he smiles softly, shaking his head and looks down at me. "As informal as ever, Nikou, it's Kazekage-sama to you."

"No it's not! I'm am the future 5th Hokage after all!" I shout, sticking my tongue out at him playfully.
"Oh, is that so? I didn't hear about that,"
"Yea it is, Kazekage-sama," I say, puffing my chest out and raising my head in a snooty way before bursting out laughing, Gaara soon joining me although more composed than I.

Once we, more so I, calm down, he turns to me, smiling, and says, "Happy birthday Nikou, or shall I say Hokage-sama?" And hands me a small box, wrapped neatly in sand-colored paper. I open it to find a regular-sized, orange-velvet, jewelry box. Upon lifting the lid of it I found a beautiful anklet–the most common form of jewerly in Suma– made up of ivory, pearl beads and sky blue beads. In their centre of it was a glass charm of a fox head filled with sand. I stared at it with almost as much awe as when I saw our current location.
"Sand, from my gourd," he says, "as a token of my gratitude, for being my friend, all these years," I stare at him for a few seconds before enveloping him in a big hug. Pulling away, I say, "thank you, Gaara, that's one of the nicest things anyone's ever given to me."

Over the rest of the day I received many other presents such as books, on jutsu and stuff, jewelry, weapons and more! I'm just surprised Sasuke hasn't given me a gift yet, you see, earlier shopping is more of a birthday tradition than a gift so normally he gives me a separate gift from that, I guess this year is different... well, it's getting dark and people are starting to leave, as I'm saying goodbye to Ero-sennin and Tsunade-baachan I ask, "have you went to see the twins?"

"No, told Minato we were too busy to stop in this year," Ero-sennin replies, snorting.
"Lying's bad, y'know." I tease.
"Yea, well try tell that to those brats, gaki, all they do is lie," Tsunade says. "Good point. I'm assuming I'll see you again next year?" I ask, knowing the answer.
"Actually, gaki, I've decided that maybe I should start training you outside the village, eh? Teach you summoning and sage mode, perhaps?" Jiraiya informs me, surprising me- in a good way, of course.
"Really?!"
"Yea, well, make up your mind in a couple months, I won't be back 'til March or so,"
"Thankyouthankyouthankyouthankyou!" I exclaim, bursting with joy at the idea of leaving this damned village and my parents for a while.
We say goodbye and I walk back to Sasuke, bouncing on my heels.

The moon now hangs high in the sky, casting it's reflection across the clear lake. The stars twinkle brightly, no longer a cloud in the sky. It's completely silent.

"Nikou, I have something very important for you, it's from not only me but my family," Sasuke says, breaking the silence. I nod, curiosity filling me.

He pulls out a fancy blue envelope and hands it to me, his eyes boring into the top of my head as I look down to open it.

I pull out the letter.

My eyes go wide in shock and my mouth opens, my jaw going down to the floor. I stare in disbelief at the document. It's an adoption letter. Already signed by the Uchiha's and the Hokage. All that's left is for me to sign it.

"It's so, if you ever reach the end of your rope with your parents, you can sign that and that will make it official. As soon as you sign that, you'll become Uchiha Nikou."

"..."
"Thank you so much, Sasuke. Words can't even begin to explain how grateful and happy I am," I tell him, through joyful tears.

"Let's go home, Nikou."

I stay the night at the Uchiha's and forget about the trouble I'll get into tomorrow with my parents, I fall asleep with a smile on my face, for the second time that day. This is becoming a common occurrence.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

And there we have it! The final chapter of the 10/10 arc! I was going to have Mikoto and Fugaku recommend Sasuke and Nikou for Jōnin, but it felt irrelevant and I didn't think it was the right time. Nikou's training with Jiraiya will probably only last about a year or so as she already knows a lot more jutsu and such than Naruto does in the manga/anime.

Hope you enjoyed it, later x