10/10- Part 2

Nikou POV

I can already tell this birthday is going to be the best one yet, believe it! Sasuke let me drag him all over Konoha this morning! We had to cut down on the challenges though, since we're both wearing expensive clothes—not that that's ever stopped us before! I've come to love my birthdays rather than hate them as I did before, it really sucks to wake up every birthday excited, hoping that maybe, just maybe, your parents will finally show you love only to see them showering your siblings with love and gifts. Then to go into the village, think that maybe some fresh air and time away from said siblings will be just what you need to turn this day into a good one, unfortunately that is not the case and you leave only to get beaten while the whole village celebrates your siblings. Thanks to Sasuke and my friends however, my past 7 birthdays have been amazing! Not to mention Sasuke looks really good in that yukata... wait— what I'm a thinking, he's like a brother to me! Well I suppose it's not that weird for a sister to think their brother looks good, right? Anyway moving on...!

Sasuke makes some dumb joke and I shove him lightly. Out of the corner of my eye, I catch a glimpse of yellow and red. Two of my ex-favorite colors, and I known instantly who it is. My 'family', Mito sits atop my father's shoulders, looking as smug and bratty as always. His sister wears the same expression, really selling that they're twins, whilst she sits atop her mother's shoulders. 'Mother' spots me and Sasuke and drops Mito into her husband's arms.

"Sasuke-San, you're still with the demon?"

Sasuke POV

How dare she? How dare she call Nikou a demon?
I grit my teeth and clench my fists, unconsciously.

"Yes I am," I manage to say through barred teeth.

"Oh dear, you don't have to drag her around all day! I hope she hasn't been to much of a bother? Is there someone your taking her to see? She hasn't been causing trouble again, has she?"
The bitch turns to Nikou.
"And you! Brat! Stop inconveniencing Sasuke-San, I'm sure he's tired of you floating around him like a desperate flea! Go back home! And return that kimono! I sure hope you didn't make Sasuke-san pay for that, it doesn't even look good on you! Hmm, I'd bring you with us but I wouldn't want you to ruin my darlings' big days-"

I cut her off before she can continue, "I'm willingly spend time with your daughter as she is my closest and best friend! She is not the demon she contains nor does she 'float around' me 'like a desperate flea'. I did in fact by her that kimono as well as other clothes as part of my gift to her for her birthday. And I'm sure she couldn't ruin those brats' birthdays anymore than you have ruined 7 of hers! And, I think she looks amazing in that kimono. So if I hear another insult come out of you shitty mouth I'm swear to kami-sama, nothing— and I mean nothing will stop me from tearing you to shreds. And with that, I believe we'll be off."
I see her angry expression change to shock before I turn around, bring Nikou with me. My hand having have worked it's way into hers during my little 'outburst'.

I stop and look at Nikou, her crystal-like, sky blue eyes are shimmering with un shed tears, threatening to fall at any moment. Her rose-colored lips are quivering, holding back sobs in the back of her throat. Her eyebrows are scrunched together and she's sniffling— trying not to break into tears. All of a of a sudden the dam bursts open, fat, sparkling tears making their way down her tan face as she begins panting in between sobs, a firm hold on my upper arms.

Unsure of what to do, I pull her into a hug, rubbing up and down her back with one hand and the other in her hair, gently massaging her head. Eventually her sobs quiet down and her panting lessens. She's still shaking, but not as much as before. Once her shaking seizes, she pushes me back gently and looks up at me.
Her cheeks and nose are flushed pink, damp lines run from her eyes to her chin— showing that she was in fact crying. Her eyes are red and watery, filled with sadness and despair.

"I-I'm so s-sorry you had to see that. She normally waits until we're home to yell at me..."
She apologizes.

"Nikou there is absolutely no need for you to be sorry, so your mother's a bitch but you shouldn't have to apologize for her. If anything she and her bastard husband should be apologizing to you!"

"Thank you for standing up for me back there, and you're right, she is a bitch... now let's go, I need to redo my hair,"

"C'mere I'll do it,"

We sit on the grass and I begin to braid her soft hair as she hums softly, eyes closed. We're sitting in a gorgeous field surrounded by flowers and trees, the sky is almost as blue as Nikou's eyes, not a cloud in sight. The sun is shimmering but her hair puts it to shame. I thread a few wild flowers throughout her hair—a myriad of vibrant colors amongst golden strands.

I know this moment won't last—as we have to head to the party location soon—but I'll enjoy while I can.

Nikou POV

I close my eyes as Sasuke runs his fingers through my hair, pulling it into a loose braid. I hum against his touch, treasuring it while I can. I fell him weave, nearby flowers into my hair, along with the ones, previously in it. As he finishes, I lean against his chest, resting my eyes and relaxing—exhausted from my episode—before we must leave. The lime grass tickles my thighs and the morning sun heats my face. Every so often a breeze comes along, cooling me down, when the heat gets too much. I fall asleep to the birds' songs of soft chirps and gentle flaps of their wings. A moment of peace before the storm. The storm that, hopefully, won't come today!

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Hmm.. these chapters seem to be getting, shorter and shorter. Don't worry though, hopefully the next one will be pretty long as it'll hopefully be the finale of this birthday arc. Anyways, hope you enjoyed Kushina and Sasuke's little spat and some SasuNaru fluff.

Later x