Chapter two

Little Aye's POV- AKA Adrianna

I nervously stood in the room that would be mine for now. I can't believe I finally left him. I never thought in a million years I would have enough nerve to do it. I knew if I didn't take the opportunity that Kaylee gave me I would never do it though. I had free room and board and he had no idea that she was my best friend, let alone leaving town. Kaylee and I worked at the diner together for the last three years and she was the only one that knew my secret.

I was surprised he actually let me work.  I had a degree in Sports Physical therapy but no... I worked at a diner.  I still remember when he talked me out of perusing my career.  We weren't married yet and he said "baby, the thought of your hands on other men will drive me crazy.  I only want your hands on me."  He said it so sweetly that I instantly caved.  I went through all that schooling for nothing.  I should have seen the red flags then but I ignored them all.   

He made sure none of the bruises could be seen though. We met freshman year in college and he was everything to me. He was from old money and was the perfect gentleman. He didn't show his true colors until after the wedding. On our honeymoon to be exact. That was the first time he hit me. I was just messing around with him when he couldn't figure out how to work the sound system in our room. That was the only time any of my bruises were visible to anyone which caused me to spend the rest of our honeymoon in our suite.

What really scared me was that he didn't even apologize for it. I still remember the look in his eyes and his exact words. "Your my fucking wife now Anna and you will respect me. I'm not going to apologize because you deserved that and I promise if you ever call me an idiot again you'll think this was a love smack."

Anna was the name he called me and I fucking hated it. Love smack? He punched me in the face and then kicked me in the ribs while I was trying to get up. I never even called him an idiot just teased him about complicated technology. I realized right then and there I had just married a different man than I feel in love with. I had no idea who he was and I was scared everyday of my life from that day forward.

The rest of the honeymoon he acted like nothing had happened and every time he made love to me I had to fight back the tears. I wanted to call my dad and tell him to anal the whole fucking marriage. Just thinking about that made me want to cry.

Here I was half way across the country with a suitcase of clothes, a few hundred dollars I managed to save, and scared to death. I hated the woman I turned into be because of him. I was never a weak woman and always spoke my mind but now, now I didn't know who I was anymore.

I was grateful to have a friend like Kaylee and the fact that her boyfriend was letting me stay here for free but honestly I couldn't help but think that maybe I should go back and beg him to forgive me. Tell him I just needed time to think and went on a little road trip to clear my head. That may have worked and I may have been able to get away without being beaten to badly if I hadn't left my car in the garage. I really shouldn't have done this. If he finds out that Kaylee helped me he won't have any problem finding her.

I went and sat down on the bed and dragged in a deep breath. I wanted to cry but over the last three years I had keeping them back at a science. I was a professional at blocking my feelings off and putting up walls. Nothing could hurt me that way. Well, nothing emotionally that is. I looked over the room that would be mine until I earned enough to get a car and move to the next town.

Kaylee was the only person I had. My parents were gone and thinking about that was so not an option. Getting a job was going to be tricky. I couldn't use my name and would need to find something that would either, pay me under the table, or not have to use any of my personal information. Yeah, I'm fucking screwed.