Ch 38: We're Worth It

Nicole's POV continued

"Show me where you heard about this," Heather orders as she tosses her phone to me.

I get the article up and hand the phone back to her. For a minute she scans it with wide eyes, but after a while her eyes fade and become dull. She looks up at me and raises her brow.

"What are you going to do to him?" I ask, unsure if I want her to destroy him or to leave him alone.

"I'm not doing jack-shit to him. This is all Kendall's fault. Are you really that blind?" She asks in disbelief. What is she saying?

"What? He might have gotten her pregnant and you don't even care?! What about me? I'm your best friend and you don't even -"

"It's just another publicity stunt!" she screams, interrupting me.

The possibility circulates through my head, but exits quickly because I have more excuses.

"Then why didn't he tell me about that last night when I asked him what he did on the stunt?" I counter.

"Niall told me that he was so insanely worried about you leaving him. He went to your hotel thinking you left, and when he got there you were gone. He called Niall and was freaking out even though you were just next door in our room. You need to realize how protective he is over you. He would never be with Kendall. If he wanted to be with her, he would. If he wanted to be with her, he wouldn't have ran his ass back here to find you immediately after she embarrassed him," she explains.

Being the worrisome girl I am, I immediately think of a solution to deny Heather's proposal.

"Maybe I'm just a game to him..."

"Nicole, shut your damn mouth and believe me! It was that fucking Tracey who set this goddamn thing up. Why would hundreds of paparazzi be waiting at a damn Walgreens?! The entire article has management written all over it!" she half-yells.

Sense slowly begins streaming into my head. Yesterday I regretted not believing him, and if I continue to argue and think the worst, I will end up regretting it tomorrow.

Why can't I just trust Harry the way Heather does? Why can't I find positive possibilities instead of negative ones?

"You're right," I sigh. "Why do I always think the worst?"

"I honestly think you're insecure about your relationship with him. I think that you believe you don't deserve the love he gives you, so you push it away whenever there's a chance. Yes, he makes you happy sometimes, but you just can't make sense in your mind why he loves you and why you're so important to him. You don't know why he treats you so kindly. You don't think you're worth the happiness that he gives to you, " she responds.

It seems as if Heather is talking to herself instead of me. Did she feel that way with someone?

"How do you know this? Was that how it was like when you were with Matthew?" I ask.

"Mason," she corrects. "And no, I deserved way better than that asshole."

"Then who have you felt that way with?" I ask, half demanding an answer.

She glances at the ceiling, then at the wall, then at the ground. She takes in a big breath and lets it out.

"Niall," she breathes.

"You don't think you're worth enough for him?" I question, trying to read what her eyes are saying.

"No," she blandly responds.

"Why not?"

"Same reason that you don't think you're good enough for Harry."

"We're normal people," I note. "They have all this wealth, all this fame, and we're just...normal."

"I guess that's it. It's hard to tell really why we feel this way, though." She looks down at her crossed legs.

"And Kendall. She doesn't necessarily deserve Harry, but she fits with him better; she lives the same lifestyle as he does. I try to make it seem like they have something just because they would be better together than Harry and I. He would rid his problems with management if he was with her. He wouldn't have to risk his job at all times. He would be -"

"Don't you dare say 'happy'," a british accent says behind me, "because that's exactly what I am with you, not her."

I turn around to face the curly-haired boy wearing just his boxers. I stand up and run to him, engulfing him into a warm embrace. I peel myself off of his body and bring my lips to his

because I'm worth it,

because I make him happy,

because we are good for each other,

and management is not taking that away from us.

---------------------------------------

Author's note

Sorry this chapter is so short! I'll update tomorrow:)

Also, sorry for all my mess-ups on this fanfic. I totally don't know what I'm doing and I screw this whole story up haha but a couple of you still like it so I'm trying to update as much as possible!

I'm sorry if you think this book is really bad, it's my uncreative, boring mind haha.

Thank you to those who read, though :) ily.