Ch 67: Glued

Mason's POV

Well, I guess today marks the day of my first publicity stunt. Tracey called this morning and explained everything to me. I have to pick Nicole up at seven o'clock tonight and bring her an outfit to wear to dinner. Tracey said she will have the outfit here in about twenty minutes. I have to be seen carrying it to her front door and I have to snap on the necklace I bring her outside of the restaurant. Tracey said that if I don't dress in a suit, I won't be seeing Nicole again. She also told me that if Nicole refuses to be seen sleeping at my apartment today, it's over.

Nicole is one of the most beautiful girls I have ever seen, besides, well.

I shake the thought out of my head. Nicole will be mine sooner or later, whether she likes it or not. That faggot she's dating isn't good enough for her, anyways.

I open the door to my bedroom to see Josie still sleeping. Even though we went to bed late, she should be up by now. I've already made lunch for the two of us, and her breakfast has been sitting alone on the table for hours. I slip into the bedroom and touch her forehead. It's not too warm. She stirs a bit and then her eyes flutter open.

"Good morning." She smiles.

"Good afternoon," I correct her.

"What time is it?" She sits up and runs her fingers through her tangled hair.

"Almost noon," I answer.

"I still consider that morning." She smirks.

I try to conceal my smile by turning around, but she grabs my hand as she lifts herself out of bed.

"So, what are we going to do today?" She releases my hand and frolics into the bathroom to comb the knots out of her hair.

"I have a publicity stunt with Nicole tonight, but before that we can -"

"Publicity stunt? Isn't she dating Harry Styles?" she asks.

"Yeah. The boss of their management, Tracey, just wants to create a bit of drama for the public eye," I tell her.

"What a bitch." She rips a small chunk of her hair out with the brush.

I shrug and change the subject.

"I made breakfast," I say, "and lunch."

"Wow, how lovely." Her british accent softly rolls off her tongue.

She passes me and walks through the bedroom. I study the ground around each step she takes to make sure that all of the shards of glass are gone. She makes it past the bedroom safely.

We both sit at the tiny circle table right next to the window that overlooks the beautiful beach. The only thing that Josie sees, however, is the divine lunch I made for her. I cooked some lobster and filet mignon, along with a side of potatoes and vegetables. I also set a glass of the best champagne next to her plate. I may be terrible at some things, but definitely not impressing my guests.

"What are you going to do at your publicity stunt?" Josie questions as she stabs a green bean with her fork.

"Whatever Tracey tells me to do, basically. So far all I know is that I have to pick her up with a dress for her to wear. I will hear the rest of the plan through the ear piece Tracey gives me," I answer.

"Do you do this for... money?" Josie asks.

"Um, well, it's a long story."

She chews her food carefully as she stares at me, obviously trying to study me.

"You're so...mysterious," she observes.

"I can say the same for you." I take a sip of my champagne, the soft fizz circling in my mouth.