Chapter Sixteen

“Let’s welcome, Broken Arrow!” The host yelled at us through the microphone in the darkness, the lights all went off. 

After a burst of enthusiastic applause and screaming from the audience, sparks shot out from nowhere, lighting up the whole hall, and the Broken Arrow jumped out from the backstage, to where they belonged at that moment.

“Good evening everyone, let’s rock and roll!” Was that really Tyler? Maybe the crazy person shouting on the stage who dressed in leather jacket and Dr.Martins leather shoes was the undiscovered twin brother of Tyler, or maybe he was attacked by zombies?

The band started playing the prelude of ‘What I’ve done’ by Linkin park. Great, they are one of my favorite bands.

“In this farewell, there’s no blood, there’s no alibi…” The person who I thought was Tyler started singing, his both hands holding the microphone which was supported by a stand.

Oh. My. 

He has the sexiest voice I’ve ever heard! 

His eyes were closed, intoxicated. The rest of us were shouting out the lyrics with him, but he was the only one singing. I never realized he has such an amazingly deep and emotional voice. His voice reminded me of Bruno Mars, but more fierce and strong.

“What I’ve done I’ll face myself, to cross out what I’ve become!” He started holding the stand and lifted it off the floor. The crowd was jumping ups and downs all the way when it came to the chorus. 

“Ouch!” I groaned when Cody or Austin, whoever it was, stepped on my feet. I wiped off the sweats on my forehead, feeling too hot even though there was air conditioning. 

“They’re pretty amazing, aren’t they?” Anthony said. He was standing next to me, waving his arms like there was no tomorrow.

“What?” I screamed, duh. I couldn’t hear him at all, under this noise the crowd made.

“I said,” He got closer to my ear and screamed, “They are pretty amazing!”

“I know!” I mouthed him, exaggerating my lips movements. Then I looked away, refused to have him talking to me again.

Yes, Anthony, I love you. But now you can shut up and let me completely drown in the beautiful voice.

 After this song, they also played Sing for the moment by Aerosmith. Tyler’s falsetto was even more intriguing. I already had my voice cracked and my throat sore by then, screaming along with him.

My sixth sense told me that he’s going to be famous someday.

“Tyler, I love you!” I heard a girl near me screaming, her sharp voice spectacular hurting my ears.

I frowned a bit, glared at the only girl behind me. She glared back and looked away excitedly, kept her eyes pierced at Tyler.

Maybe he was already famous…

Tyler looked at my direction, maybe the girl behind me, and smiled. I immediately heard a witchy giggle from that girl. I rolled my eyes, hoping that Tyler didn’t think I was the one who screamed it out loud.

After like five songs, Anthony and I exchanged some looks and nods. I pulled Cody’s shirt to get his attention.

“Hey, look. Anthony and I have to go now. I will see you tomorrow or Monday.”

Cody gave me a ‘OK’ sign. An and I headed to the exit. A part of me was disappointed because I had to leave the concert, but I was also thrilled about what we were going to do next.