Chapter Nineteen

Anthony's pic!!! ;) ->>>

~~~~

Rubbing my eyes, I slowly stepped down the stairs, hoping that it was all just a wickedly weird dream from last night.

“Hey, got up so early?” I grinned at Anthony as usual, who was already chewing his cheese and egg toast in the dining room.

He looked up from his food at glanced at me for one second, then looked away, pretending he didn’t hear me.

I was never a weak girl, at least not after all the things I’ve been through. But his, my best friend, action of neglecting my existence, brought tears up to my eyes. Against my will, they slowly rolled down my face.

Should I say it was lucky for me that his biggest fear was seeing a girl cries?

“What now?” He asked with a frown, obviously annoyed but couldn’t help himself to stop caring about me.

“Why- Why did you ignore me?” I sobbed, walking towards him and sat across the table. “I didn’t know you like me in that way, you can’t blame me for that! I really love you too, but only as a good friend. You know I will do anything for you!”

He sighed, placed his fork down and looked at me. “I know I overreacted last night, but…here,” he pointed at himself, his face twisted. “It really hurt me to see you kissing with a guy you’ve only met for a month. And we’ve been so close for so long, all I’ve ever got was a random hug.”

“It isn’t about the time! It’s about how we feel!” I burst out louder. His words didn’t make me feel any better.

“Now you know what I feel, and I know what you feel. That’s why I think you’re better off without me.” He said gloomily. What kind of twisted theory was that?

“I don’t want you to leave. I want my best friend to be here with me! Yes, I do have feelings for him, but I also have feelings for you, just in a different way! You can’t just say that I don’t love you and I don’t care about you just because I didn’t kiss you. Grow up, please?” My tears suddenly faded away and anger rushed in. Somehow my fists were tightened

 Sometimes he just always got things in the wrong direction and he’s too stubborn to listen.

For a minute or two we just stared at each other. Finally, he broke off the silence with an apology.

“I guess you’re right, I’m sorry. I know that you’re the few people who truly care about me.”

“So…Will you stay?” I asked softly and smiled after he gave me a nod. “Yay! I love you!”

“Be careful not to let Austin hear what you just said,” He smiled sadly and jealously, began to drink his cup of coffee.

Oh right, talk about Austin. What should I say to him?

~~~~~~

“Meet me at Starbucks at five o’clock, okay?” I texted Austin, feeling like it was my responsible to tell him the truth and how I really feel.

It was only two in the afternoon, so I figured I will go buy some groceries before I take a bath and head out again. I tied my hair into a high pony tail and put on some sun cream.

“Do you wanna come with me?” 

“Nah, I got to finish this project my tutor in New York gave me,” Anthony shook his head and turned back to his English essay on culture difference between Asia and America, so I shrugged slightly and took out my keys, locked the door behind me.

Since I still haven’t got my license yet, I had to walk to the store, which was like, two hundred meters away only. Probably because of the hot weather, there were not much people on the street.