Chapter 3

Mia P.O.V.

Okay breathe, Mia. Breathe.

I took a deep breath. I stood in front of the mirror as I searched for any wrinkles on my black dress then continued to smooth out every single stray hair, quite possibly defying laws of gravity in doing so. I cannot mess up today, everything has to go as planned. I went over the things I wanted to take note of during my visit to Woodsen Enterprise.

I stayed up all night researching everything there is to know about Woodsen Enterprise, every worker, every deal, every meeting- I knew it all.

In fact I was pretty confident with how much information I have on them. The one thing that was keeping me on my toes was the man himself Xavier Woodsen, from what I hear he is terrifying.

What if he doesn't like me? What if he kicks me out? What if he fires M Magazine because of me? Shit, what did I get myself into?

My doorbell rang, indicating the driver that Woodsen Enterprise has sent to pick me up has arrived.

I grabbed my bag and filled Brownie's bowl before I opened the door. A handsome man I assume was in his late thirties was standing in the doorway,dressed in a fitted black suit and a pair of dark sunglasses sat on the bridge of his nose.

"Miss Crain." the man nodded.

"Call me Mia." I said, extending my hand for him to shake.

He seemed shocked by my action for he stood there staring at my hand as if wondering what to do. A couple of seconds later he snapped back and took my hand in his, a hint of a smile on his lips.

Why was he smiling? Did I do something wrong already... Shit, I probably did. I'm probably embarrassing myself as I speak

"Nice to meet you Miss Cra-" I give him a pointed look. "Mia." He corrected himself.

He walks and I'm quick to follow. he opened the door of the black slick car for me.

I mumbled a thank you and sat down in the comfy leather.

Unfortunately, the drive to Woodsen Enterprise building was not long and sooner then I would've liked we were right outside of the door.

This is ridiculous maybe I won't have to meet Xavier at all. I mean, I'm here to cover Woodsen Enterprise as a whole team-not Xavier. I'm sure he doesn't even have time for me.

I was probably freaking out over nothing.

"Ms Crain?" a beautiful women comes up to me wearing a bright smile that instantly put me at ease.

"That's me." I reply label

"I'm Katherine, Mr.Woodsen's personal assistant. I'm here to show you to his office where Mr. Woodsen would like to personally show you around the place.Please, follow me."

Or not.

My heels clicked on the expensive marble floors as we walked towards the giant glass elevator in the back of the building's lobby.

The ride to his office seemed to take forever since it was on the top floor.

I watched as we passed floor after floor of offices, each floor looked nearly identical to the one before until we reached the final one. This was even more posh.

Kathrine, I think that was her name, knocked twice on a door that I assumed was Xavier's office.

"Come in Katharine." a deep voice called from inside.

I tried to keep my shaking to minimum as Katherine opened the door slightly and poked her head inside.

"Mr. Woodsen, Mia Crain is here to see you." She said.