Chapter 2

Mia P.O.V

"Good morning Mia," My coworker, Dylan, smiled cheerfully at me as I walked through the door of M Magazine's building.

"Morning Dylan," I flashed him a quick smile as I set my coffee and stack of letters on my desk. "How was your weekend?"

"Great, actually. I went to visit my niece."

Oh, Portia! He's been talking about the little cutie all week, he even showed me a picture last Friday.

"How is she?" I smiled brightly.

"She's fine, she turned two this Saturday..."

We continued making small talk for a while before I excused myself to get back to work.

I sat on my comfortable office chair and opened the envelope that carried all my handwritten letters from readers.

You see not everyone sends emails, some are still into the old fashioned letter concept. Either way, I usually reply to the emails at home and the letters at the office.

Mainly because I don't like carrying a huge sack of envelopes home with me.

Dear Mia,

My boyfriend is coming over to dinner soon and I'm so nervous. It'll be the first time he meets my parents and I want my parents see the amazing guy I know my man to be! Any advice on how I can make that happen?

-Quinn

Dear Quinn,

There isn't really a specific way. All parents are different but I recommend to just let your boyfriend be himself and to make sure he isn't under too much pressure or else he might work so hard to be perfect he might come off as fake. Just relax, and remember your parents aren't your enemies! They will like the guy as long as they see he is right for you and makes you happy.

Best of luck,
Mia
Xoxo

The day was increasingly uneventful. Just spent my time responding to letters and more letters.

By the time I reached my 30th letter my boss, Miss Gina Holbrook, walked into my office.

"Hello Mia, how are you doing?"

"I'm great, and you, Miss Holbrook?"

" I'm fine dear, I wanted to talk to you about something though."

Uh oh what have I done?

"Don't worry," she laughed. "You didn't do anything wrong. It's more of what you did right."

I exhaled, relieved. I haven't done anything wrong, but I was still apprehensive of what she wanted.

"May I take a seat? " she asked me, pointing at the two big white chairs seated in front of my desk.

"Of course, so what can I do for you?"

"Well as you already must know there is a little , well who am I kidding? A huge rivalry between Woodsen enterprise and Resadel Co."

Oh I heard about that. They're the top two most successful companies in the state. There is always talk about who's better,
and every year they have this "meeting" at which they discuss there points or let's say how far they came that year, and if one company had more sales or success in that year... it is named number one company of that year.

So far Woodsen Enterprise always comes second to Resadel Co which always seems to surprise everyone since both companies are so similar.

" Yes I do know about it, it's all over the news since their yearly meeting is only a few months away."