The Call

~The Call~

Izzi's P.O.V

Damon and Rey were sitting on the couch in my loft apartment in Ashford, England. The boys were playing Call of Duty: Black Ops, staring at the screen like little killing machines while I played Sweet Child O' Mine on my acoustic guitar softly in the background. I heard Paradise City start to play from across the room. I quickly abandoned my guitar and ran for my iPhone. Glancing at the caller id, I was startled to see an unknown number. I answered anyway.

“Hey, this is Izzi!” I stated cheerfully.

“Hello, Lisbeth Hudson?” a man's voice asked.

“Please, it's just Izzi. May I ask who's calling?”

“Hi Izzi, my name is Jack Donnahue. I'm calling from Kerrang!, we would like to offer your band, Bleach It Black, a slot in our upcoming tour this spring. Are you interested?” Jack inquired.

I couldn't speak. Oh. My. God. Kerrang! just called... I have to say something! I have to respond! My mind kept running circles around itself, chasing it's own tail. My dream is coming true! My band is fina-

“Miss Hudson?” Jack asked worriedly.

“Ah, Yes, I'm still here.” I said, “Just a little bit in shock.”

“Oh, okay. I can call you back tomorrow if you'd like to talk this decision over with your band, I would just like you to know that this is a huge opportunity for a small up and coming band such as yours, my dear.” Jack said sweetly.

I finally snapped back to reality, “Oh, no, it's okay, we'd love to play in the Kerrang! Tour this spring. We completely accept! Thank you so much Mr. Donnahue!”

“You're quite welcome my dear!” Jack spoke again, “I'll get right on scheduling you. The tour starts March 24th so be ready! The bands will meet in london on the 20th so that everyone can get acquainted with one another, and set up bus lists and such. Much luck to you! I will be in touch.” and he hung up. My arm fell to my side in shock.

“Holy Hell! I can't believe it! Someone just offered us a spot on the spring Kerrang! Tour! Someone pinch me, I MUST be dreaming!” I nearly lost all my sanity.

I felt a sharp pain on the back of my left arm and jerked around to find Jayne, my best friend and the guitarist in our band, smiling at me innocently. She cocked her head to the side and asked, “So why did you want someone to pinch you?”

“OH MY GOD JAYME!!!” I squealed, “We are playing the Kerrang! Tour!!”

“WHAT?!?”screeched Jayme.

Damon, the bassist in our band, and Rey, the drummer, paused their death battle and turned around to stare at me.

“What did you say??” asked Rey incredulously.

“I said pack your bags! We're touring in March!” I yipped excitedly.

Jayme was still staring at me dumbstruck, as was Damon. At this Jayme finally unfroze, “Ummm, Izzi, I hate to break it to you, but it's still December...” she trailed off.

My excitement wouldn't be dampened though, “Jayme! It's only 3 months away! Don't be such a spoil sport! I mean come on! We, Bleach it Black, are playing the Kerrang! Tour!!” I was so excited I was practically vibrating.

Next thing I knew, I was being lifted off the ground by Damon and spun in a circle. “That's so great, Baby! I can't wait to tour!” He laughed, spinning me some more. When he set me down, he leaned in and pressed his lips against mine in a chaste kiss. “I love you,” his sweet voice whispered by my ear.

“Mmmm,”I replied. I still couldn't bring myself to say those three little words. He was my friend and my bandmate, and even my boyfriend, but I didn't really feel the passion in our relationship. I just didn't want to break up the band or hurt him. So I merely nodded my agreement and accepted another little kiss.

~~~~~~~~~~

The next three months passed in a furious blur of band preparations and faking my feelings for Damon. Ugh, that was making me feel guiltier and guiltier. Thanks to Jack's reminding us to be in London by the 20th, today, the 19th we were getting ready to make the drive from Ashford to London, and to kick off our best tour yet!

******

Alright, I hope you all enjoyed it!! remember!!! show the author a bit of love and vote! comments are always appriciated! they make me feel special! :D also they motivate me to write faster! that's always a good thing right? RIGHT! so take 5 seconds of your time and leave a comment! even if its just a smiley face! i'd love it! oh and picture is of REY!!!

~Sammi Shock~