Chapter 9a - Getting Worse (If Possible)

It was all just a dream; it was just a dream… I kept reminding myself as my heart rate slowed down. Then I heard something. It was coming from outside my door, in the dead quiet of the house it stood out. It sounded like keys jingling. Was someone leaving? I got up and quietly left my room.

As I was heading out my bedroom door, I heard the front door quietly close. I went quicker, still trying to keep my feet from making any noise. I got to the front door and looked out the window. The car was gone.

“Why would someone leave at… 2:15 in the morning?” I asked myself, trying to form a reasonable explanation in my mind. My dad was a professor at the college, so he wouldn’t have been leaving because of his work.

My eyes started to droop. The adrenaline from my dream was starting to wear off and I was getting tired. I decided that I could just ask about it in the morning.

I went back to my room and crawled back into my bed where Katie was in my spot and her head resting on my pillow. I couldn’t help but think about how cute she looked. I smiled as I gently picked her up so not to wake her and set her down on the other side of the bed. I was glad that I had let her sleep in my bed tonight, or else I don’t know if I could have fallen back to sleep again.

It was nice to know that someone was next to you that loved you. As soon as I laid my head down on the pillow, Katie subconsciously rolled over and wrapped her arms and legs around my body. I sighed. I was about to get really hot, I don’t recommend a child being attached to you at night. It’s like having a heating pad on your back. But I loved it. I smiled as I closed my eyes and drifted into sleep, for the moment I had completely forgotten what my world was like, and what was about to come.

­­__

Okay, before you freak out, this isn't the whole chapter. This is chapter 9 A. Chapter 9 B will be on here soon, probably the same day that I post this. The next one is longer too, so be ready, and it gives a lot more information. The major part of the story is about to come, but I'm going to see how long i can drag out the suspence first before I gave you all the answers!!! But not the solution to the problem. What will happen to Violet? What does Venen want so badly? You'll have to stay in touch to find out!! And thanks everyone for my 250 views!! I love you guys!! And I posted this book in the watty awards, so don't forget to vote for each chapter!! Thanks!!

- Brielle