Chapter 2 (The Party)

Jenn and I pull up to the party and I'm in total shock. The party is being hosted by our rival school's quarterback, Toby.

"Um Jenn, what exactly are we doing here? You know this is Toby's house right?"

"Yep, is there is a problem?"

"Are you serious right now?!"

Jenn looks up at me like I am stupid. "We don't have to go in if you don't want to, but Toby and I are friends. He said I could bring a few people with me and who am I to refuse? Now everybody is inside so are we going in or not?"

I can tell she is waiting for an answer by the way she is patiently watching me. "Fine, I will go for you but you owe me."

Jenn starts to freak out, nearly giving me a heart attack. "Thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you" she says before kissing me on the cheek. "Besides, we wouldn't want that sexy little outfit of yours to go to waste now would we?"

I smile. "I guess not."

Walking through the front door I see tons of bodies pushed up against each other dancing. The music is so loud my ears feel like they are going to fall off, and the house is literally shaking from all the bass. I wrinkle my nose slightly as the smell of alcohol hits me. I've never been a big fan of the smell.

"Isn't this great?" Jenn screams over the music.

I look over and see her smiling. Even though this wouldn't normally be my type of scene, I am just glad she is enjoying herself.

"Yeah, hey where is everybody?"

Jenn looks around. "Hmm, I don't know but why don't we split up. Meet you back at the front in 5?"

"Sure that sounds fine"

I watch Jenn go off until she is eventually swallowed up by the crowd. *sigh* Well, I guess now would be a good time to start looking around. I don't recognize anyone around me, and I could swear some guys are mentally undressing me. It's not that I don't like the attention...I just feel uncomfortable when I'm shoved in situations where I don't know anyone.

I decide to check the kitchen first. All I find are guys chugging beers and trying to drunkenly pick up chicks. Walking through the living room I see more couples dancing and a few making out on the couches. I'm about to give up and head back to find Jenn when I see her cuddled up, Jenn on Mike's lap.

"What the fuck Jenn"

Jenn looks up and sees me "Oh my gosh Alison I forgot to come find you. Look who I found" She turns back to Mike and giggles in his ear.

I can tell she must have already had a few shots and that I'm gonna have to fend for myself tonight.

"Look Jenn I'm going to go. This isn't my scene at all"

Jenn jumps off Mike's lap and flings herself onto me. "NO. Please don't leave. Stay. Besides, if you leave now everything will be ruined."

I gently push her back down. "What do you mean everything will be ruined? What's going on?"

"Shhhh. I've already said too much." She giggles.

I take a deep breath and try to calm my nerves. "Fine, I'm going to look around for a bit okay?"

Jenn doesn't even bother to respond because she's already sucking face with Mike again. I laugh quietly to myself...that girl is always up for a good party. Walking around for a little while, I find a door that leads outside. Breathing in the fresh air feels good. I'd much rather be out here than back inside watching people try to out drink one another. I look to my left and see a hammock. Now maybe I'm making myself a little too at home, but there is no way I'm going to resist laying down for a little bit. Leaning back I'm able to see all of the stars in the sky. The last time I really looked at the stars I was with Stacey. We had crawled outside her window onto the roof. I don't think I've ever been so nervous.

*flashback*

"Oh my God, Ali."

"Do not Ali me okay. This is very dangerous!" I look down plotting my every step.

I can feel Stacey looking at me, but I don't want to look up in fear that she will see how scared I really am.

"I promise you'll be okay"

I stop moving to glance up at her. "And how do you know for sure? Do you have a magic 8 ball hidden behind your back? Or maybe you've suddenly become psychic?"

She giggles before growing completely silent. "No, I just know that I would never let anything bad happen to you."

I feel her wrap her hand around mine. "Just trust me"

*end flashback*

I wake up startled and not knowing where I am. It's only when my ears register the music pounding in the background that I remember the party. I must have fallen asleep looking at the stars. Without warning, I feel a tear fall down the side of my face and I can't help but think it has something to do with remembering that night on the roof with Stacey. I acted like such a baby but she helped me through it. She always does.

Having had enough sulking for one night, I decide to head back inside. I look down at my phone and notice it's almost midnight. Shit. I have to find Jenn. What if she left without me?! Weaving around people, I end up in the kitchen. I look around but don't see her anywhere. I'm just about to leave the kitchen when I feel a tight grip on my wrist.

"Now hold on there sexy. Where would you be off to in such a hurry?"

I turn around in disgust to find a tall, heavily built guy leaning over me. I can smell how much he has been drinking and I have a feeling I know what he wants. I try to pull my arm free, but he has a tight lock on it.

"Easy there. Just let me take care of you alright? We wouldn't want some guy coming along and taking advantage of you now would we?

He places his head against mine and takes a deep breath that sends shivers down my spine. Without thinking, I slam my foot down sending my heel into his foot.

"YOU FUCKING BITCH"

I feel his hand grip tighter around my wrist before he throws me across the kitchen. The world starts spinning and I feel a sudden pain on the left side of my head. I must have slammed into something. Oh God why does it have to hurt so much? I can feel my legs starting to give out from underneath me, and the world slowly turning dark, but not before I feel two warm arms wrap around me. I breathe in a familiar scent, and almost cry out in joy when I hear the voice behind it.

"Ali, babygirl I'm right here. Ali stay awake for me okay? Look at me. Just look at me."

And I do. I'm left seeing one thing before everything goes black.

Stacey.