Chapter 10

After I explained our goal to the group we each went to our houses to pack. Well, I stayed with Lyric to get clothes and such. I was searching for some sensible clothes in Lyric's closet when she asked

"Do you think Nate likes me?" Finally, I'd found a couple of good shirts and a few pairs of pants. I put my finds down.

"Well, I'm not really sure. You guys just met each other." I told her. Lyric frowned. "Anyway, Zeke said you can see... Magic?"

I watched as Lyric's face went from surprised to angry to sad to blank.

"I....can." She sighed. "It's my curse." A loud sound interrupted our conversation. Nate fell from the ceiling.

"Nate!" Lyric cried. "What brings you here?" I rolled my eyes. Gosh, she's annoying.

"Hey, Lyric." He said without even looking at her. "You girls done? Let's go!" Lyric and I followed him out of Lyric's house-like hole. He led us to the edge of the village. Zeke was there, holding a map like he was confused by it.

"So, it appears there is a huge ice biome a little ways from here." He said as we approached him.

"Well," I said, glad to be in charge for once. "What are we waiting for?"

(PS SPOILER READ BY CHOICE: Next chapter starts the 'love story' part. :*   >:)   Hopefully you'll like it!