Chapter 2

Dissclaimer : I do not own the following  names - Chevy, Nissan.

Dragon's Grace

2014 Copyright © by Hazelblaze

Edited by: LadyDawn

Chapter 2

“Keep yourself under control,” Aiden said as I backed up and a growl escaped my throat.

“You’re telling me that? The strange sparks might have been a sign of some sort of Destiny?” I said the words leaving a foul taste in my mouth. My brothers brown eyes turned a slight color of crimson warning me back, being the youngest and at some points not the must muscular in the family was starting to really tick me off “Forget it, it was static” I said with a huff and watched as Aiden took out a stake.

“Good keep it that way,” He stated in a flat tone “we are not here to find mates or fraternize with the human kind.” Aden said in a stern voice. My brother was large and he got most of his fierce features form our father, but I knew he wasn’t always like this.

“Look man don’t worry about it,” I said in a carefree tone “I am not going to worry about it, I’ll keep away from the static girl and present that I am not a shape shifting dragon, who’s family’s life are in danger from an evil overlord trying to take over my home.” I said in a smooth breath before slipping from the kitchen quick enough before my brother gave a deep growl from his throat “Don’t burn the house down, Aiden!” I laughed “Our other siblings won’t be pleased with you.”

                                                             ۰•● ❤ ●•۰

I stopped my small funky box-shaped car, a Nissan Cube, between two large SUV’s and suddenly it seemed oddly out of place. Where it always felt well suited  to me, now I suddenly feel like I have become an outsiders. I had so made fun of, but I mustn’t frown, frowns give you wrinkle’s, and I was not about to look like an old bag. I shut the door and walked towards the school building, I could hear my high heels hitting the floor with confidence. The subtends around use to turn to look at me, like a scene out of a movie they would look at me with admiration, the girls would have delouse eyes wanting to be like me, and the boys, well they would walk over fire to be at my side, now… I am quiet invisible, or are the rumors that are being whispered in the schools halls, a quick wind suddenly gusted up against me. I had to push my hands over my designer skirt before I became even more of a laughing stock, the wind was slightly cold sending a shiver up my spine. When I looked back towards my car I saw him, the strange new guy, the one with a skateboard. The wind was driving him faster, it wasn’t long before he started to show off tricks flipping his board in the air as he jumped and landed perfectly; he kept going on his board. His lean figure moved in unison with the  wind, when he looked at me I could feel the cold wind against my face, his eyes, they were not normal, not like others eyes. The sky blue of his eyes moved, I must be going crazy… a pain in my heart twigged at me when I thought of the word crazy—I am the daughter of the county loon after all.

“If you keep looking at me like that, I might get the wrong idea princess”  Zyp said when he passed me on his board. His speed slowed now, and the wind laid down as well. My blond hair was slightly in my face as I stroked them away, so much for my perfect hair day I thought as he gave me a cheeky smile “Please, do not flatter yourself” I said in a cold tone before turning away from the arrogant ass. I walked towards the building and went to class, the day soon turned like any other.

I did not see the skateboarder until it was lunch time, which passed quickly like the day before I eat my healthy packed lunch on my own, away from other tables I had once rule. I felt like an outsider in my own kingdom, when science rolled around I was already tired of the day, and just wanted to get out of there, at least in this class i did not have to see Jason or Amber. I still wanted him back even after how much he hurt me, the wound was fresh.

“Grace Mathews” Mr. Slogan said as he pushed his glasses back up his pointy nose, I looked up towards him from my small lab station, “Why aren’t you paired up with Amber?” He asked, awe yes teachers did not know all the gossip,  last time me and amber where Besties now we are enemies.

“Mr. Slogan, I am exercising my right of choice, and I chose not to” I said  with a slight smirk over my face.

“And I am excising  my right as your teacher by pairing you to with  Mr. Zephyr” He said with a  huff.

“Cant I just work by myself” I asked quickly and he nodded his head already ignoring me, it wasn’t long before the tall lean skater was next to me with a  cheeky smile.

  “Really I rather have the dead frog for a partner” I muttered and I could hear his laughter, it had a slight pleasant sound – I hated it.

                                                   ۰•● ❤ ●•۰

“Calm down princess,”  I laughed when her face started to turn red. “I am sure e you and the departed frog have a lot in common,” I added her face was priceless, it was too easy to push this blond humans buttons.

“How dare you!” She said livid holding out an measuring devise in her hand.

“Now, now. Let’s not get physical” I said unable to help myself, her cheeks where red I could actually see slight freckles over her nose, her blue eyes seemed never ending—she was a delicate human, dragon females back home when they toke this form where taller and better built. I doubt she could even pick up a sword never mind wielding one.

“Let’s just get on with it!” Grace snapped at me and put on a pair of goggles making it harder for me to read her face, yet I could still hear the sound of her heartbeat, some perks of being a legendary myth was our heightened senses “You cut it,” Grace held a scalpel out towards me.

“Easy before you hurt yourself, or me,” I said taking it from her, I was sure not to let our hands touch—even with gloves on. I couldn’t be more careful just in case the sensation between us was really some strange sign of a mate. I was too young for that bullshit. Grace pulled a face of disgust as I sliced open our friend. “not afraid are you?”

“Of a lizard? I don’t think so,” she said with a bite in her voice.

I smiled. “Actually it’s an amphibian” I noted, and mentally added—I am a lizard (just without the cool tongue thing).

“Just cut it so I can see its heart,” the words where short, I get the feeling the pretty princess does not like guts and blood much.

“Such a romantic” I said with a smirk and she shoved at my arm playfully. The rest of the day buzzed passed me. I tried to chase Grace with the dog, but she threw a heavy text book at my face, good thing I am fast. When the bell rang and everyone rushed to leave school I slammed my feet down on the board beneath my feet and took one look back at the building, I could see grace walking out, an emotion passed over her face, but as fast as it was there it was gone again, she was hiding something and I wanted to know what it was.

“Zephyr!” a voice called making me turned away from the fascinating blond to see my brother, Cain standing against a large Chevy truck “Come on” he called out a smile crossed his face, it was rare for him to smile these days, his blue eyes that resembled mine moved from light blue to dark and I smiled back.

“What are we doing?” I asked stopping next to the truck putting my board on the back.

“I was thinking we will go flying” Cain said a mischievousness smile passed over his lips. Cain was only slightly leaner than Aiden, still bigger than I was, but I got along with him more than I did with the fiercer older brother, Cain was calmer with enough patients’ to wait for a rock to start running. His brown hair blew in his eyes as I wielded to wind I was getting exited.

“What we waiting for let's go FLY!”