Chapter 3

Dragon's Grace

2014 Copyright © by Hazelblaze

Edited by: LadyDawn

Chapter 3

The road when far out of the busy town, the landscape change becoming quieter, the truck sped along the winding roads. I smiled, and looked to my brother, he seemed contempt as he put his foot down on the gas peddle. “I hope this isn’t the only form of flying we’ll be doing.”  I said curiously, I was dying to take my true form, the feeling burns inside me, my human form cannot allow true freedom, nothing beats the feeling of the wind against your skin; well actually scales, and then there is the soaring, why would anyone enjoy walking once you  flew.

“Sorry little brother” Cain said as he took a sharp turn. “The risk is too high of being seen.” He added and I frowned, I hated it when he did that, it was hard to get mad at Cain.

“Why get my hopes up man?” I said annoyed “Patents Zypheir” He said with laughter in his voice.

“You got fathers patients” He added and I rolled my eyes. With that he pulled up to a large cliff that stood proudly over a quarry, of course it was filled with water.

“Right now this is as closes you can come to flying.” Cain’s said getting out of the truck, I could feel the truck shift as his weight was taken off, the guy had a lot more muscle than was good for him, I thought getting out as well.

“I thought you might like it here.” Cain added.

It did not take too long before I took a running jump from the highest peak, the adrenalin rushed threw my system, it was my addiction I admitted, but the feeling of my heart pounding when my feet left the edge of the cliff was remarkable. I jumped, and down I went. I extended my arms, the wind was mine to manipulate as I pleased, as one of the sons from the royal blood. I had my power, the rush of wind was mine that I used to lift me more to fly down towards the water for a moment I could close my eyes and see myself soaring threw the clouds, wings extended, feeling the wind pushing me on, then I hit the water my day dream was short lived.

 I allowed the water to swallow me for a moment into its blue darkness–home. I thought as I swam back up.

Cain sat with his feet in the water his own eyes closed, I reckoned he was imagining the same thing, but Cain’s power was not wind—no he had control over water,  I think he could easily create a small tsunami if he got mad enough. I smirked it was easy to tell when he was upset—it would start to rain.

“Why did you really bring me here?” I asked sitting down next to him the clouds started to form above us, it was letting me know that this was not simply brotherly bounding time.

“I got word from mother.” Cain said turning his eyes up to the sky above, slight rain clouds started to form “It’s not going to well over there they have invaded 3 of the borders already” Cain looked to me and put his hand on my shoulder “Just thought you should know”

                                                  ۰•● ❤ ●•۰

Bright lights, the sound of repeating music melodies and the smell of cotton candy–yes I was standing at the Fair that had just stopped in town, and my mother thinks I need to get out more, so here I stood disgusted by all the different things that you can get deep-fried

“A deep-fried pickle! Really” I  shivered and walked along, my feet were starting to hurt  from the leather high heeled boots  on my feet, I smiled thinking of all the times my father brought me here, to the house of mirrors, I walked towards the building seeing someone slip in before me.

I walked smiling at myself slightly, I could see myself in so many different images, it wasn’t all unpleasant, that was until I saw a strange figure form the corner of my eye, it looked like someone was running and hiding, a lost kid?

“Who’s there?” I called out moving deeper into the maze of my own images, turning the corner I could see mirrors filled with something different, the figure, it was a light blue shade, taking a few steps closer.

“GO AWAY!” A familiar voice screamed and moved again this time I was determined to find it now. Yet ever heard of the saying careful what you wish for?

When I stopped and stared at the most unreal thing I have ever seen, I was in shock.

“This must be some sort kind of joke” I crooked putting my hand over my mouth as I saw a creature straight out of the movies filling the mirrors around me. It was an enchanting light blue and silver, its back slightly turned away from me, shimmering  scales covered its long lean body, large elegant wings that looked real enough to reach out and touch. They were extended from the creatures back, it was magnificently terrifying, with four leg’s standing in a slightly crouched position. The creature was beautifully imposing, I forgot to breath as I watched it lower its head slowly, drawing attention to the long impressive neck seconds must have passed yet it felt like an eternity. It wasn’t real I told myself—a trick? An Illusion, I had to remind myself of this as the head turned to face me, all the images turned at the same time, those eyes!

A scream escaped my lips, the blue swirling eyes, eyes I have seen before on that confident skater was now staring at me, my scream echoed through the halls, with the sound the creature moved disappearing form my views. It left me there shocked, white face and speechless. This is what drove my father to insanity, this was why he was locked up in an insane asylum because of his claim of another world close to ours filled with beasts of legends, now I am losing my mind as well. I swear I just saw a Dragon…