Dragon Destiny : Chapter 1

Dragon's Grace

2014 Copyright © by Hazelblaze

Edited by: LadyDawn

Chapter 1

Normal, what does I mean? What’s normal to a spider is chaos to a fly, that’s what one Mortsisha Adams said, silly I know, I feel  kind of dorky for quacking someone from the Adams family TV show, yet it really feel this quiet in my life, when do we cross the lines from normal to unmoral and fantasy to reality, if you told me before summer I would be in this position I would have laughed at you.

She had a flirty smile over her cherry colored lips and bit her lower lip, her hair had the perfect bounce, one only good salons could give you and each curl was in place, she laughed and stroked Jason’s muscular jaw, all this was playing out in the middle of a classroom while the teacher has stepped out. Amber, was her name, the blond that had it all, bright blue eyes and the most desirable guy in school, Jason was as they say hot with a capital letter h. His hands touched her cheek and twirled her hair around his finger. No Amber isn’t me—she is the girl I use to be in away, and now I am sitting here torturing myself by looking at them. Amber was my best friend and Jason—You guessed it, was my adoring boyfriend. She has everything I use to have, now, Jason is touching her the way he once touched me and what sucks even more, he’s looking at her with his blue eyes the way he used to look at me. This was my last year, it was supposed to be the best year of high school, but a lot happened over the summer vacation that changed everything, I am no longer the Queen Bee.  “KIDS! Please behave!” Our teacher walked back in Mrs. Higgins “Amber please get off Jason’s lap and take your seat!” She exclaimed, okay that made me smile, and yes I was jealous Jason, was… Is the guy that hunts my dreams, he was mine and this year was supposed to belong to us, I glanced down at my English book “Now if I can have your attention, I know there has been quiet a bit of drama in town over the summer,” I winched at that comment.

“Loony drama.” someone shouted out.

“But” the teacher went one “This is a mid semester and I except you all to get past it and focus on your work,” please don’t look at me, please don’t look at me. I chanted in my head.  And just like that Mrs. Higgins looked at me; my day could not get any worse…

“So, with that note we have a new student, who happens to be running late.” The teacher said with a frown “When you do see him he is from another country and his family just moved here, I presume you all to welcome him with all the warmed of Willow high you can muster.”  She said giving us all a stink eye, I couldn’t help it I looked towards where Amber sat smirking passing a message along to Jason, how could he love her? I mean that skirt doesn’t even properly match the top. I rolled my eyes at the thought of all of it and turned the page, we were reading all about Shakespeare. Thank hell it wasn’t Romeo and Juliet because I was not in a mood for it.

The lesson was progressing as normal, that was until a loud crash drew everyone’s attention and the door practically blew open “Sup.” a sleek voice came out just before a figure stepped in, He was tall and sleek in posture, but I swear I sense some muscles under that black hoodie.

“Better late than never.” the teacher said and I cracked a smile, the guy held a skateboard under his arm which I haven’t seen in a while how did he even get them to allow it on school grounds? He looked over the class with an expression of grandeur, like somehow we were beneath  him, who was this guy, that’s when his eyes met mine. Blue, icing cold blue, my breath hitched as I saw a glimpse of silver in his eyes, the blue seemed to be changing I blinked and everything seemed normal. I really need to stop watching horror movies on-line it must be getting to me.

“This is Zy... Zypher?  Ango…ego” The teacher seemed to stumble over the words.

 “That’s okay just calling me Zyp last names are overrated.”  He said with an easy going smile,  Zyp walked towards one of the empty seats near the back, but not quiet out of my line of site, I shook my head and ignored him, I don’t give a fly about a new kid.