Two

Chapter Two; Eden Rowan.

She walked around the busy streets of New York for hours, still no sign of him or Tina. If she really knew Tina she'd know that Tina wouldn't give up until she was proven right, so, right now she had a feeling Tina was also still following the wizard.

She checked all of Tina's favourite places, she even checked places where she thought Tina would bring someone. But this was different, Tina wouldn't bring someone she didn't trust to any of these places. Why was this as hard as it was, perhaps it was because she didn't want to find to Tina and maybe even find him. Eventually she just gave up and began walking around the city carelessly, she even stopped in her favourite little coffee shop as it reminded her of home. The coffee shop was small yet so big which never made sense to her, she just loved being there. At the back there was a wall of bookshelves overflowing with books, many of them she had already read and loved. After drinking her coffee and enjoying some poetry she decided to give in to Mr Graves advice and actually find Tina.

Tina's flat was quite odd, the building of coarse. It was oddly shaped and much older then the older new building that surrounded it. Perhaps that was why Tina and her sister loved the place, it had character and countless stories to go with it. Sometimes she missed talking with Tina, it had been months since they last talked. Work had just been piling up and with Tina getting herself into trouble, well, she was worried to try and speak with her. Sometimes she felt Tina getting fired was partly her fault, she was the one who told her to go for it when Tina talked about taking down Mary Lou Barebone at one of her gatherings. Mary Lou Barebone was a awful woman who passed around flyers about how witches and wizards existed among them and how to rid of them. It made her want to throw up, then punch her a little bit. Only a little, to show her how it feels.

Tina's flat came into view and she cringed, she couldn't believe she was back. She slowly walked up the wooden stairs to her floor, she was quite proud she remembered it all but it had only been a few months. When she reached her door she slowly knocked three times, she smiled when Tina's sister, Queenie opened it.

'Eden!' She beamed pulling her into her home, 'How long has it been?'

Eden shrugged her shoulders, she didn't know what to say. She never really did.

'Awhile.' Is what she said when she finally decided to speak, 'Where is Tina?'

Queenie shook her head walking into the kitchen, 'She never tells me anymore.' She chuckled, 'But, I believe she's trying to get her job back!'

Eden sighed dramatically, 'I've been sent here from the Ministry to speak with her about something.'

'Is she getting her job back?'

'Sadly, no'

'What a shame' Queenie said, 'Pie?'

Eden laughed shaking her head, 'Do you mind if I use your bathroom?'

'Of course not! As I do believe you'll be staying for dinner, won't you?'

'I suppose I could.' She thought about it for a few moments before shrugging her shoulders, 'Yes, why not?'

Queenie smiled over at her, 'The bathroom is down the hall and to your right, by the way.'

Eden nodded before taking off down the hall. Everything was still the same, granted again it had only been a few months but she no longer felt like she fit in here. She stared in the mirror, her reflection staring back. Eden shook her head turning on the tap, the cold water felt nice on her burning hands. A door opened and she could hear Queenie greet someone, Eden looked towards the door. A part of her didn't want to leave the tiny bathroom, why did seeing Tina again scare her so much? Perhaps Eden thought Tina would blame her for losing her job, she never got to yell at Eden for it. Was she going to do it now?

She slowly walked through the hallways, Queenie's laugh echoed through the rooms. What was she laughing about? By the time Eden finally made it back to the living room, Tina spotted her first. Tina smiled at her before pointing at a seat at the table, Eden only nodded and mouthed a thank you.

'Why is there five seats?' Eden asked stepping beside Queenie.

'Eden?' A man's voice rang out, 'Eden?' He repeated more softly this time.

Her heart sank, she could feel everyone's eyes on her.

'You know this man?' Tina asked, 'How do you know this man, Eden?'

Eden shook her head, 'I've been sent from the Minsitry, Tina.'

'What?' She rushed over to her, 'Did I get my job back?'

Eden frowned, 'No.'

'Then why are you here?'

'Mr Grave's wanted me to follow him, see if he actually had magical creatures on him.'

'And you agreed?' Tina asked, 'I have this under control!'

'I thought he was going to fire me if I didn't and I wasn't going to say no!'

Tina sighed sitting down at the table, 'Do you know this man, Eden?' She asked again.

'You know what' Eden mumbled, 'I'll go tell Mr Grave's I won't do it, Tina.'

'Eden.' Queenie said softly walking over to her but she only made her way to the door.

'I'm sorry you lost your job Tina and I'm telling you now that I did try to get your job back, I talked to Mr Grave's constantly about you but he would never budge on his decision.' Eden explained, 'And Queenie thank you for inviting me to dinner but I think I'll be going now. Goodbye.'

She rushed out the door and down the stairs, once she made it outside it was getting dark. She shook her head over and over again muttered to herself, this was all her fault. It was her fault Tina lost her job, it was her fault they stopped being friends. It was her fault she was alone now.

'Eden?'

She turned around to see Newt staring at her with a sad expression, he frowned as he approached her.

'What are you doing in New York?' He asked.

'Me?' Eden exclaimed, 'What are you doing in New York City?'

'Er... buying a birthday present?'

'I'm not going to turn you in to the Ministry, Newt.' Eden mumbled getting straight to the point, 'Those creatures are your life and I wouldn't know what to do with myself if I did.'

'Thank you.' He said, 'It's nice to see you again.'

Eden didn't even look at him as she took off running down the street, she could hear Tina yelling at him for attempting to run away. Eden ran as fast as she could down the dark streets hoping eventually she could just disappear into nothingness.