Chpt 10: Reunited

This has implied themes and anyone uncomfortable with such things is welcome to say so!

-------------------------------

"Mae carnen, Brego, mellon nîn." (Well done, Brego, my friend) I smiled as I saw Aragorn ride into Helms Deep atop a horse.

"He's alive!" The people shouted in happiness.

"Where is he? Where is he? Get out of the way. I'm gonna kill him!" Gimli pushed his way through the crowd. "You are the luckiest, the canniest and the most reckless man I ever knew!" He hugged Aragorn. "Bless you, laddie!"

"We'll be there soon boy." I pat Bael's shoulder, he barked happily and started running. I found that I could steer him with my knees but otherwise I had to trust him like I trusted Asfaloth. It wasn't long before people were shouting.

"Lady Amara!" Some said.

"She's alive!" Others called.

"Bael you be good." I slid from his back and kept my hand under his chin to make sure he was behind me.

"By the Gods lassie where have you been?" Gimli laughed and I reached down and hugged the dwarf.

"I don't know but I'm alive." I laughed. "And I made a friend."

"I haven't seen a white warg in all my life!" I smiled.

"He found me. Protected me." I smiled at the calm warg behind me.

"What's his name?" He asked.

"Bael." I answered.

"I suggest he stay outside for a while until Théoden knows about him." I nodded, turning to him.

"I'll come back for you but stay outside and hunt something perhaps." I scratched him behind the ear. He licked the side of my face and bounded off. I chuckled.

"Come on." Gimli took my hand and lead me up to where I supposed Aragorn and Legolas were.

"Oio naa elealla alasse'." (Your sight is a joy.) Aragorn smiled, embracing me. I smiled. "You should see Legolas." He pulled away from me.

"Ah, the young elf took the thought of your death quite hard." Gimli added.

"My... my death?" I frowned.

"There was no sight of you after the attack, we thought that you had been taken by orcs and killed." I nodded.

"I see. Where is he?" I asked.

"In his quarters. I shall take you my Lady." Eowyn took my hand and lead me to a door. "Best you knock Lady Amara."

"Thank you for your kindness, and please, call me Amara." I smiled and as she left I knocked on the door. With no reply I opened it to the familiar scent of Legolas.

"Amara?" before I could respond I was enveloped in a crushing hug. Despite it I hugged back until he loosened to kiss me. I kissed back and he pulled away to look at me I supposed. "I thought I'd lost you." he said, stroking my face with his thumb.

"You can't get rid of me that easily." I smiled. He sniffed.

"You smell terrible." He kissed my nose.

"Well you certainly know how to court a girl don't you?" I laughed.

"You should bathe." He kissed me. "I should bathe too." He kissed me again.

"Well how many tubs are there?" I kissed him.

"One." He kissed me again.

"Then I guess we'll just have to share." He smiled against my lips.