Chapter 6

TRIGGER WARNING******** 

LIGHT WARNINGS OF NON CONSENSUAL SEX.

"Get dressed." Thomas said sternly in my ear. Even with all the commotions happening outside and the thundering sound of footsteps from above, his manner remained calm and his voice steady. I wish I could tell what he was thinking but only the crease in his forehead told me he was worried. 

Taking a deep breath, I got off of him quickly and climbed out of the tub. A towel was wrapped around my shaking body next, protecting me from the cool air on the ship. By the time I had slipped into my discarded dress laying on the floor, I turned around to see Thomas already in his blouse and pants. He was slipping his sword into his belt when he turned to me, his lips in a straight line. 

Cupping my face in his hand, he leaned in slowly to place one kiss on my lips before pressing his forehead to mine. 

"I swear," Thomas's eyes were closed when he spoke. His words made my heart flutter uncontrollably in my chest as I waited patiently for him to continue. "I will do all that I can to protect you." 

Before I had a chance to murmur something soothing to him, he continued. "I need you safe, Sophia. You are truly one of the best things that have happened to me in my whole lifetime. And because of that, I need you to stay in your place." 

I bit my lip, trembling from his touch and the thought that anything could happen to him or me outside those doors. I wanted to disagree and to argue with him that I was much stronger than he thought I was but something about the frown on his face told me not too. He really cared whether I was safe or not and the last thing I wanted to do was to make him lose his concentration while he was outside battling. 

"You are to stay in this room until I give you my command to leave. Do you understand me?" Thomas pulled away to look into my teary eyes. Rubbing them away with the back of my hand, I scolded myself inside my head for being childish and weak. A soft chuckle escaped his lips before he brushed them against my ear. "You need not to worry, love." A kiss was placed on my cheek. "I've been doing this for too many years to keep track of. I'll be alright." 

Unable to speak in fear of vomiting from nervousness, I weakly nodded my head when he pulled away. His turned around to leave when my inner child showed again and I hugged him from behind, almost like I wanted to remember every hard rigid line of his muscle before he went off. 

"Be safe." I mumbled into his shirt, not caring if my tears met it wet. 

"I promise I will return." He said as he turned around and hugged me against his chest. "Now, hide." 

The door closed with a thud and he was gone. Sinking to my feet, I sobbed into my hand, petrified that something could happen to him. A loud bang like a cannon going off roared in the distance. Suddenly scared for my own safety, I hid between the wall and the bed on the floor. Nothing bad would happen. I told myself. He's far over qualified for these situations. 

The sound of gunshots pierced the air and rung in my ears as I crouched on the floor, waiting for any sign of truce. Cries of help, smashed pieces of wood and the constant yelling from crew members haunted me as I waited. I pressed my hands against my ears, not daring to remove them, in fear I might hear more. 

Boom! Boom! Boom!

Someone was pounding on the door. Peaking up from where I sat, I looked nervously at the heavy door, scared for if someone dangerous was there. 

"Open up!" A man yelled from the outside. With all the guns blaring upstairs and the whipping waves thrashing against the ship, I could barely distinguish who exactly the identity of the man was. My mind automatically went back to Thomas and with my imagination; I imagined him injured and being chased by men from the other ship. The only way he could be saved was for me to open the door and let him in. 

Picking up the hem of my dress, I rushed over to the door and unlocked the steel lock. 

My eyes opened wide in horror and in shock when the eyes leering back at me were beady black eyes. 

His hand stopped the door from me trying to close it. A low chuckle came from him as he easily pushed the door wide open with one hand. My strength was no match for him. He was tall. However, he was not much taller than Thomas but his muscles in his arms and spanning across his chest were far more defined than his. I gulped when he smiled wickedly at me. His tongue ran over his gnarly yellowed teeth and lips almost as if I was the prey and he was the hunter. 

"Don't come any closer." My voice cracked and shook, eliciting another laugh from him. "I'll-I'll...scream!" I backed away slowly, praying silently to god he did not notice. To my dismay, his footsteps followed me, inching closer and closer till my legs hit the back of something soft. 

The bed. 

Turning around to view the bed in the middle of the room, his eyes only followed towards the same direction. 

"Nobody can hear you." He finally spoke, inching even closer. His hand grabbed my elbow before I could protest, drawing me up to chest. His ugly scarred face leaned in towards mine, a malicious grin settling on his lips. "I never had such a fine piece of tramp in a long, long, long, time. Tell me, do you taste as good as you smell?"

"Let go of me!" I shook my hand and struggled underneath his grip. He only laughed louder into my ear. "Let go! Help! Help!" I tried yelling but it was fruitless. Everyone on the ship was busy fighting their own battles, unknowing that I was struggling with the biggest battle of my life. "Hel-" I fell back onto the bed, my cheek stinging from his slap. Immediately, I covered my cheek with my hands, tears of embarrassment and hurt lined my eyes as I looked on at my cruel attacker.

His hands gripped onto my ankles next. Kicking my legs, I tried desperately to free myself but again, i failed. He was on top of me next. His lips that were so different from Thomas's crushed against my mine without the tenderness Thomas had with me. His breath smelled rancid as his tongue forced itself inside my mouth. His hands grew greedy as he cupped my breasts, tugging at the fabric till the sound of fabric ripping filled my ears. I struggled underneath his weight, kicking and pushing.

His meaty hand pulled the hem of up skirt up, running along my flesh towards my inner thighs when suddenly his weight was thrown off of me. Struggling to sit up, I pulled my skirts back down to see my attacker grumble onto the floor and blood seeping out from his back. Thomas stood over the dead man's body, seething. His once calm blue eyes were now stormy, full with anger and hatred.