Chapter 5

"Have you ever had someone kiss you like this before?" Thomas murmured softly against my flesh. Stifling a tiny moan from inside my throat, I shut my eyes tightly embarrassed by all the sudden attention. "Sophia." He stopped his kissing, looking up at me sternly. "Open your eyes...I want you to see me when I kiss every last inch of your skin."

"I can't." I shook my head violently, my face flushing red.

"And why the ever not?" Thomas climbed back up so that he was now hovering over my face. "I've told you already...you're the most beautiful woman in the world to me...Can't you see?"

"I'm not..." I sighed and threw my hands up to cover my face.

"But we've agreed..." His voice soft and slow. "You know my darkest secrets, you're practically my family." Thomas peeled one of my hands covering my face off. "If you're not ready...I'll be okay with that. The last thing I ever want to do is upset you but could you please tell me what is worrying your sweet little mind?"

"It's not proper to do such things!" I blurted out hastily. "A woman should never bed a man she just met. What will others think of me?"

"You silly girl." Thomas cupped my cheek with his hand, instantly making me melt underneath his touch. It was strange how he could make me feel so much from a simple caress when I barely knew anything about him. Nibbling on my lip, I looked up to see his mouth set to a grim line. "I really don't appreciate you nibbling your lips like that..." He kissed me on the cheek and hovered over my ear. "You're teasing me..."

Immediately I stopped, a blush burning my face as he chuckled in his low gravelly voice. "If you're afraid about your future ruined, I have nothing to say but to ask a question. I would be honored if you become my wife."

"Your wife?" I gasped eliciting another chuckle from him. "Thomas, I may know your darkest secret but we are definitely not suitable for each other."

"How so?" He raised an eyebrow to his hair line, waiting for my answer.

"I like to read, write and occasionally sing while you...I don't know." I shrugged my shoulders looking around for inspiration. "While you fish and fight and whatnot." I blinked quickly, raking my brain for more. "I'm stubborn, sarcastic and I'm horrible to live with. My parents practically throttled me as a child because I wouldn't shut up or be nice to my cousins. I'm not going to be your typical w-"His lips cut me off right before my last word. Using all of my self-control, I tried my best to push him off of me but at last his lips won me over. Kissing him back, he laid me back down on the bed and brought me close to his warm body.

"Darling, you talk too much for my liking." He whispered into my ear. "I quite enjoy all your sides you have to offer. It is quite entertaining."

"But don't you think we're moving too quickly in our relationship." I bit on my lip and stopped when he narrowed his eyes down on me. "We've only just met."

"And yet I am foolish enough to let my heart know when I have met the love of my life." Thomas's voice cut through the sound of crashing waves against the ship. "However, even if I may not know all sides to you yet, I feel that you are worrying about something other than this?"

I looked away, not daring to meet his blue eyes. "I am not."

"You're lying." He responded quickly. "I know when you're lying, Sophia. You're face tells all your emotions and secrets. It's such a shame you can't see me like I do. All glowing, beautiful and absolutely positively perfect."

"Please, Thomas." I looked away from his stare. "Your words do nothing but make me blush. I am none of those things you speak so highly about and I'm not worrying!"