Chapter Twenty Eight.

Anya's P.O.V.

Wait! What did he? Did he just?

"You.. what did you just say?" I asked.
Am i hearing things? Hallucinating?

He brought his eye-brows together and said,"what did I say?"
"You said that you-" i stopped mid-way while he asked,"that I? That I what?"

"That you.. umm.. you said thatyouloveme," i said in one breath.
A faint smile appeared on his lips and then he spoke,"i would like you to repeat it, you were not clear."

I rolled my eyes and was just about to leave when he held my hands and said,"Whatever you heard I did say that."
I just copied his way asking,"what did I hear?"
He rolled his eyes pulled me closer, me colliding with his chest, our eyes staring at each other, my chest rising as the atmosphere had changed into a heavy one due to our close proximity  making my breath hitch.

I managed to maintain my feelings and squeaked a voice, i doubt if he heard me.
"I didn't hear anything."

"Okay, so am telling now, you better hear it properly this time," he replied.
Ha! He heard me.

Ofcourse he will hear you, at what distance are you standing?
My conscience mocked me.

"Iloveyou." He said so fast that I only got the word you.
So I said,"Huh?"
"You were suppose to say I love you too," he told me.
I folded my hands on my chest and said,"Why would i say that? I never heard you say anything to me."

He smiled held my waist and keeping his forehead on mine he whispered,"i love you Anya. I really do. I know I have been a jerk to you all this time but-" i interrupted and said,"asshole."
"Huh?" He asked.
"Yeah jerk too but more of an asshole," i replied.
He smiled nodding," yeah ok, so i know i have been an asshole plus jerk to you all this time, but that was probably because I didn't wanted to reveal my feelings towards you."
I interrupted him again," Then why are you revealing it them now? You should have continued being an asshole."

He answered,"am revealing the feelings cause I can't hold them back anymore not after the kiss we shared plus why do you want me to be an asshole again?"
"Because I liked the asshole," i replied.

His lips quivered and he sadly said,"so you don't like the good-to-you me?"
I clicked my tongue and said,"nah I don't like the good-to-me you."
A faint smile playing on my lips.

He nodded his head, thinking what to say when I spoke again," cause i love the good you, I might have liked the asshole-you but I fell for the good you."

He smiled pecking my lips and said,"i need to tell you something else too. "

"Awww... i know i shouldn't break you two love birds but am about to get married in half an hour and before that I need to take my brother from you Anya for a family photo." Spoke Aisha from behind bursting our romantic bubble.
I looked at her standing away from Zayd and blushed, thinking she saw the peck on the lips too.

Zayd passed his hand by his nape and said,"Umm... yeah Aisha I was just coming to you."
Aisha rolled her eyes and said,"Yah right."
Aisha descended the stairs, Zayd following them.
I stood on the stairs, when Aisha spoke from the bottom,"Are you not coming?"
I denied saying,"you said family photo."

She came towards, pulled my hands and led me down the stairs making me stand beside Zayd.
"After what I saw you two doing,I feel you are family. You know bhai doesn't hug even me but he pecked you on the lips so that's something..yeah bhai?"
Zayd eyed at her, his face red from blushing and he spoke,"Aisha you should stop talking, you only have twenty five minutes before you get married."
"You are the one who is wasting time," she replied.

We all headed to the room, where the photographs were to be taken.
I stood beside Mariam, who was standing at a corner with her fiancee letting the Shaikh's family to take their photo.
Upon seeing me, she smiled and i smiled back.

Aisha and Arjun sat on the couple sofa, aunty and uncle(Zayd's parents) sat on the sofa beside the bride and the groom while Zayd stood behind them.
The camera person said,"okay now smile," But Aisha said,"wait! It's not complete...Anya what did i tell you? Now come and stand behind me."
I looked at her parents she looked at them too and said,"Umm... since she is Arjun's best friend so she is Arjun's family yah?"
Since there are so many guests present Aisha's father didn't say anything.
I walked towards them and seeing Zayd smirking at me, I pulled out my tongue at him.
I stood beside him, maintaining a little distance when I felt a hand snaked my waist pulling me closer to him.
I looked at him but he was facing the camera person and told me,"smile,  otherwise Aisha would want to marry again just for the perfect family photo and believe me, I won't be able to see Arjun in this yellow and black stripped suit."
I smiled at his joke, looking at the camera man.
The flashlight popped.

The photo session had ended but Zayd was still holding on my waist.
Aunt sakina(Zayd's mum) looked at us saying to Zayd, "the photo has already been clicked, you can leave her she might be tired of standing."
Zayd looked at her mum and then looked at me, pulling me more closer and said," nah! I don't think so she is tired, are you tired Anya?"
I looked at his mum, I gulped and looked at Zayd...i removed his hands from my waist and said,"we all need to go to the hall, it's almost time for the auspicious moment."

Aisha nodded saying,"yeah let's go."

We all went to the venue, and the religious chants started.
Aisha was sitting opposite Arjun, with a translucent fabric dividing the space in between.