Chapter 7 - The Zeke takeover begins

© Sandra Corton 2014

Chapter 7 – The Zeke takeover begins

Caspian’s POV

Arriving back at school gave me a buzz that I could barely describe. Kissing Winter had been such a spur of the moment things that even surprised me. It was all worth it though. Now all I could think about was kissing her properly instead of just a mere peck.

Knowing I would be having a roommate with me in the Elite dorm was only making me more anxious for school to begin. Over the years I had got used to being alone but having a new person to share things with would be great.

I was unpacking when I heard the front door chime. I rushed down the stairs knowing it was either Winter or the new guy Zeke. I pulled the door open to a guy with bags around his feet and a huge grin on his face. He was what I called a pretty boy, someone all the girls went crazy over but at least he seemed friendly.

“Hey how’s it going? You must be Zeke.” I put my hand out to shake and he dropped the bag he was carrying to give me a firm handshake.

"Yeah I guess you heard about me already." He said with a shrug.

"Uh yeah anyway I'm Caspian but you can call me Caz." I said as I helped him bring his bags inside.

"Wow nice digs! So where am I staying in here?" He asked and right on cue Dirk appeared.

"Ah Master Zeke welcome." Dirk said before taking his bags from me and disappearing up the stairs.

I didn't see Zeke again so I guess Dirk was showing him around. I went back to unpacking while covertly glancing over to Winter's window. Her blinds were wide open but maybe she didn't know I was here yet. I knock on the door had me thinking that Winter had finally noticed. Zeke was the one that grinned at me though and I was filled with disappointment.

"Hey did you find a room you like?" I asked as I once again glanced to Winter's window.

"Yeah I did. There are some big rooms but this one’s huge." He said as he looked around my room. "So are you here on scholarship too?" He asked and I nodded as I led my way into my room.

"Yep and apparently we have the fanciest digs." I told him with a grin.

"Cool so what's your power?" He looked at me his face all excited and this was the moment I cringed. I hated talking about my powers.

"Uh strength and I can fly." I said with a forced grin.

"Okay so don't shoot me here but I kind of already knew that." He raised his hands up.

"How?" I asked puzzled knowing that the school never advertised our powers until we officially finished our schooling.

"I'm a psychic, close to one hundred percent accurate." He said assuredly but without the exceeding smugness that some kids from here had.

"That's different." I said before wanting to kick myself for sounding so daft.

"Yeah I know. So just warning you that if I blurt out some random stuff sometimes feel free to ignore it. By the way the doorbell is about to ring." He tilted his head to the side and right on cue it rang.

"That's pretty cool." I said with a grin before turning and racing down the stairs.

Winter stood there looking more stunning than ever. I couldn't help it as my eyes drifted over her and those very mouth-watering curves of hers. When I finally raised my eyes back to hers I realised she wasn't even looking my way. Her grin, that special smile she saved for me was pointed at the guy behind me. My stomach clenched so hard that it felt painful.

"Hi Caz, hi Zeke. I see you both got here okay." She said to both of us as though she was as close with Zeke as she was with me.

I saw red then, a rage unlike any other filled me. I heard something make a loud crack from next to me which snapped my concentration back to the present.

I blinked my eyes and realised I had cracked the door frame I had gripped in desperation a moment ago. My finger marks had made an indentation in the wood that I stared aghast at. I hadn't lost control like that for years.

"Caz what's wrong?" Winter brushed her fingers against my arm casually and I was jolted by the sensation of her touching me.

"Nothing. You two seem to know each other." I gestured between them as my stomach felt sick.

"We met during enrolments Caz." Winter said with a roll of her eyes and for some odd reason that set everything to right inside of me.

"Oh yeah of course." Now I really wanted to kick myself, she was the one that told me I would be having a new roommate to begin with.

"I baked you some cookies." She teased as she held a bag high trying to lure me in. She never had to even try to lure me, she had me from the first day I had ever met her.

Over the holidays I had come to the obvious conclusion that I was thoroughly in love with Winter. I also decided that it was time I did something about it. She was the most important part of my day and I always looked forward to our moments together.