7 Whitney: My New Bestfriend!

Seven

Whitney: My New Bestfriend!

Nathan and I had been playing "Starwars" for at least an hour, maybe two.

He was pretty good at it, but I was kicking his butt. His "Mace Windu" was no match for my "Obi-wan Kenobi".

After I had defeated him for the eighth time, we stopped playing. I looked at him out of the corner of my eye and smiled, "So what's it like to have your butt kicked by a girl?" I asked jokingly.

"Absolutely horrible." He laughed, "Where did you learn to play like that?"

"I didn't. I guess I'm just a natural." I teased.

"Yeah, whatever." He said smiling, and threw a pillow at me.

"What was that for?" I asked, as I hit him in the head with the same pillow, his dark brown curls bouncing in every direction.

"That was my revenge." He replied.

"For what?"

"For you beating me, obviously." He said with a smirk.

"I can't help it if I'm better than you." I teased.

"Yeah, ok. Sure..." He said sarcastically.

"You know it's true." I smiled.

"Yeah, but only in 'Starwars'" He said.

That pretty much started an unspoken competition between Nathan and I. Everything we did; we tried to be better than the other. Who ate the fastest. Who made the best grilled cheese. Who stayed awake the longest at night... The list went on, and on, and on.

In a way Nathan was replacing Jacob, not that anyone could ever do that. But in those few short days on the bus, Nathan became my bestfriend. Yeah, I still like him... a lot! But he doesn't like me like that, and it's nice to have a bestfriend again...

Finally we pulled up to a big, but cozy looking house. It was painted yellow on the outside, with a big, white wraparound porch. You could tell that whoever lived here would be friendly, and sweet.

"We're here." Nathan said, then leaned over and whispered to me, "Home sweet home."

Everyone began to gather their things and head towards the house; it looks like we're going to be staying here for a t least a week, maybe two.

I walked in the front door, standing right behind Nathan; I was the last one in. On the inside the house looked just as sweet and perfect as it did on the outside. I want a home like this one day, I thought. Nathan led me to the kitchen, while everyone else went up the wooden staircase.

"Mom." He said, "This is Whitney."

The woman turned away from the counter, and stuck out her hand.

"Hello, Mrs. Parker." I said, shaking her hand, and flashing my most charming smile. Something about this woman made me want to do my best to try and get her to like me.

"Call me Denise. It's lovely to meet you." She said, with a big smile, "Nathan, what do you think you're doing? Making her stand around with all her luggage? Take her to your room." She said to Nathan, and then turned to me, "That's where you'll be staying while you're here."

I turned to Nathan and gave him a funny look. She must have seen it because she said, "Oh. Don't worry. Nathan will sleep in the basement on the couch."

She must have read my mind...