6 Nathan: Seth Logan Parker Gives Great Advice.

Six

Nathan: Seth Logan Parker Gives Great Advice.

It was great being able to hold her like that without throwing up.

I like her so much and as cheesy as it sounds, I get tingles all up and down my body whenever I'm around her.

I absolutely love being around Whitney, the only bad thing is that I know she'll never like me that way. I actually think she might like Seth.

I was sitting out on the beach, outside the hotel. We stopped for the night because Ronnie needed to sleep, and there aren't enough beds for all of us and Ronnie to sleep comfortably. It was early in the morning, and I was sitting alone, thinking about Whitney. I thought I was the only one up, until Seth sat down next to me.

"Hey, little brother! What are you doing down here all alone?" He asked.

"Thinking, I have a lot on my mind."

"Like what?"

"This new song I'm working on." I lied, "It's about... the beach, and having fun."

"Nathan." Seth looked at me disapprovingly.

"What?"

"We both know you're a terrible liar."

Misewell tell him the truth. Seth is a goof ball, but he's my brother, and he's really trustworthy.

"It's Whitney." I said.

"Oh? She's a really cool girl."

"You don't like her do you?" I asked, panicking.

"Are you kidding? She's a cool girl, but I only have eyes for Keah."

"Hmm..."

"What?" Seth asked.

"Well, it's just... I think she might like you."

"Well... how can she not?" Seth joked.

I stared out into the ocean.

"You're serious about this? You really like her."

"Yeah, I really like her."

"I could... talk to her for you?" Seth offered.

"NO!" I shouted.

"Oh, come on!" Seth pleaded, "I'm good at playing match maker, I mean... look what happened to Brody and Amber"

"No." I said again.

"Why not?"

"Because, then she'll know I like her and it will make things weird."

"I think you should take the risk. You never know, she might like you."

"I've known her for two days. How could she like me already?"

"How could you like her already?" Seth asked, "Just think about it." And he got up and walked away.

About a half hour after Seth left, I went back up to the hotel. Everyone was awake and eating breakfast.

"Nathan, why didn't you tell me this was a pajama party?" Keah joked.

What's she talking about? And then I remembered. I had gone to the beach straight from bed. I was still in my pajama pants, and I didn't have a shirt on, and I hadn't showered yet.

Oh crap! I probably look horrible, and Whitney is right over there. Whitney smiled at me. I turned and headed up to the room Seth and Brody and I had been sharing, without saying a word.

I quickly showered, brushed my teeth, washed my face, got dresses, and went downstairs. Everyone was waiting for me, and I hadn't eaten yet. I grabbed an apple, and an orange. I headed out to the bus, everyone else followed.

We were on our way to have Whitney meet mom and dad. You could tell she was nervous. I don't blame her though. I was nervous too.

We were about two days away, and everyone was sleeping. Whitney had said goodbye to Jacob when we left the hospital. She's gorgeous when she cries. I know I sound like an obsessed freak, but I'm really not, I swear. If you met her, you would be the exact same way.

I tried to sleep, but I couldn't, although I should have been able to, I was exhausted. So I sat with my thoughts.

I was the only one, besides Ronnie, awake.

I looked at the ceiling. Oh God, I need something to do.

I walked to the back of the bus, and grabbed a notebook and a pencil. I hate writing in pen. I started out in just my plain old journal. Mom and dad had made us all get one when we got our record deal, so we could "make sure we remember everything." Like we could forget?

I was writing about when we were in the hospital. How I was the first one to sign Whitney's cast. I know it doesn't mean anything, but it still made me feel special. After I was done with my normal journal, I moved to my song journal. I keep my songs in it, obviously. But there were some songs in it that I didn't want ANYONE to see. The ones that are just too... personal. I kept those in the back of the book. I knew I was supposed to write something, I could feel it. I just didn't know what. I looked around the room searching for inspiration.

Brody was in Seth's bed and Amber was in Brody's. Out in our "Chill-out" area, where I was, Seth was sleeping on the floor so he could be with Keah. Keah was on our tiny little couch. She and Seth were holding hands while they slept. Whitney was at the table, sleeping in one of the chairs. Her head rested on the window, and her feet were propped up on the table, blue cast and all. My bed was empty.

I wasn't getting anything so I went back to my bed and set the journals and pencil down. I sat there for a second. What can I do? I thought, boredom taking over my mind. Videogames.

I walked back to our "Chill-out" area and started looking through our video games.

"Guitar Hero"? No, I basically live that game.

"Halo"? No, not in the mood for blood and guts.

"Star Wars"? Where did this come from? I thought we had gotten rid of it.

I took it out of its case, and put it in our PS2...

I was about to defeat "Darth Vador", when Whitney woke up and distracted me.

"Game Over." The screen said, as I realized that I had made my character "Luke Skywalker" jump off of a cliff. "Crap." I said.

"Was that my fault?" Whitney asked.

"No." I lied.

"Sorry." She said guiltily, obviously seeing through my lie.

I laughed. She's known me for three days and she already knows when I'm lying.

I held up another controller. "Wanna play?" I asked.

She sat down on the floor next to me, taking the controller from my hand, "What are we playing?"