Tears of Blood

A month later I'm sitting by the Black Lake, hiding from dad because he's been following me. He noticed that something's wrong because I've been avoiding his class and avoiding my meetings with Dumbledore. I stare out over the perfectly calm surface of the lake, wondering how it can be so calm when there's a wind. Tears start running down my face and when I go to wipe them away I notice that they're blood red. Blood Tears. I overheard dad and Dumbledore talking about me and talking about how broken I am. Dad said that they have to be really careful when the blood tears show up because that's a sign that something's wrong, not just physically but mentally and emotionally as well. They don't know the full extent of my past. They don't know because I haven't told them. I'm still undecided on whether I'm going to tell them, though.
"Why couldn't my life have been as perfect as all of the students think it was? Why did I have to lose both my parents then get stuck with an abusive foster family? Why me? All I ever wanted was to be wanted and loved but everybody seems to hate me. I mean, bad enough that Dan decided to use me for entertainment when he came home drunk or that Anna decided it would be a good idea to lock me in the basement without food, water or a bathroom for a month at a time. But to be teased and punched and kicked by the people I thought were my friends is the ultimate humiliation. I get my head stuck in a toilet, eggs and flour thrown at me, ice water dumped on me, words carved onto my arms, bones broken, twisted or sprained ankles or wrists and all that crap. What did I ever do to deserve this? Apparently just being born is enough," I say. Little do I know that my dad's standing behind me, listening to me speak and watching the self-writing quill write what I'm saying into my journal. He comes over, sits down next to me, wraps his arm around me and pulls me closer.
"How much of that did you hear?" I ask, tears of Shame rolling down my face.
"All of it," He says. I get up and start walking away from him, not wanting him to see the shame I feel or how much I want to run my razor blade over my wrist and let the pain flow out of me with the blood. He follows me and catches up to me fairly quickly. He steps in front of me and looks at my expression
"Lilly?" He asks, concerned. I shake my head and continue walking.
"Lilly, princess, please talk to me. I want to help but I can't help you if you don't talk to me," He says.
"You can't help dad. The blood tears have started which means it's too late for me," I explain. He shakes his head.
"Even with the blood tears, it's never too late," He says. I just shake my head and continue back to the castle. He frowns and follows me. I get to the stairs and collapse onto them, sobbing. Dad lifts me up and carries me back to our quarters then leaves me there while he goes to find Dumbledore. I dig out my cookbook and start on a batch of cupcakes. I'm calling them I-Hate-My-Life cupcakes. They both come back and find me baking.
"What are you doing kiddo?" He asks.
"Baking cupcakes," I say. I do this every time I have negative feelings and dad's shocked that we have an entire cupboard filled with cupcakes.
"Ok, I know there's no cake-off happening so what's with the cupcakes?" He asks. He then sees the look on my face and figures it out.
"Is this how you've been dealing with your feelings, is baking?" He asks. I nod.
"Most of those are packages of I-Hate-My-Life cupcakes or I'm-Better-Off-Dead cupcakes or Nobody-Wants-Me cupcakes," I say to him, making a batch of mint chocolate cupcakes. He's shocked.
"Why didn't you tell me? You shouldn't have had to go through this alone. I'm always here if you need to talk and I always will be. Never be afraid to come to me if you need to talk or anything. Even if you've just had a bad day and need a hug. You're my baby girl and I don't want to lose you like that," He says, crouching down so that his eyes are level with mine. I look at him with tears in my eyes and see that he's sincere then put my mixing bowl on the counter and throw my arms around his neck.
"Thank you, daddy," I say, my face buried in his shoulder. He smiles and wraps his arms around me, rubbing my back and planting a kiss on my head.
"No problem princess. You should probably finish those cupcakes and we can have some with my famous cherry cordial after dinner," He says. I grin and get back to baking, happier than before. We have dinner then munch on mint chocolate cupcakes with cherry cordial and talk. I spill everything to him at this point because there's no use hiding anything anymore. That night, after I go to bed, I put my earbuds in, turn my CD player on, play 'Not Meant To Be' by Theory of a Deadman, put it on repeat and turn it up. I stay up the entire night, writing and listening to that song which is why I'm up at 3 in the morning, sitting at the table and listening to that song while working on my homework with a cup of coffee in front of me. The coffee is black because that's how dad and I like our coffee. Dad gets up a couple of hours later and is surprised to see me up.
"Morning Lilly. What time did you get up?" He asks making himself a cup of coffee.
"I got out of bed at 3. I never went to sleep though. I've actually been up the entire night," I say, making myself a travel mug of coffee, toasting five waffles, putting them in a quart bag, putting five yogurt cups in separate sandwich bags and put them all in my bag along with a spoon and a bag of candy as well as two bagels loaded with cream cheese. Literally, you can't see the inside of the bagel because it's covered in cream cheese. I then head to class, leaving dad frowning after me, wondering what's with me these days. My first class is Transfiguration and I don't have potions until last period so I can put off the questions until I go in to drop my bag, change into my running gear and grab my iPod and earbuds. I go through my classes not saying anything. I manage to avoid the questions when I go into our quarters to change but the professors use that time to tell dad about my behavior today which concerned them because it wasn't like me. I just barely manage to avoid the questions, when I come back from my run, because dad's in his study, working, and hates to be disturbed. I know that he knows that I'm back from my run but I don't want to talk to him right now. I'm not mad at him or anything I'm just really upset because of something my idiotic cousin said to me earlier. I'm guessing he doesn't know the extent of my powers. Dad doesn't know either because I haven't told him because I'm not ready. I'm a natural born seer so the visions I have, that I used to think we're daydreams, are actually what will happen in the future. I go to bed but am up at midnight, sweating. I get up, take a cold shower, change into sweatpants and a tank top, go into the living room and pace in front of the fire. Dad and Tom wake up, to the sounds of me doing that, and follow me into the living room. Tom was working on some ministry contracts with dad last night and was too tired to go home. He's also my dominant vampire mate and one of the only three I can tell my visions to. The others are dad and uncle Lucius.
"What has your feathers flustered so child?" He hisses. I'm a submissive Veela and we both speak Parseltongue. I turn around, go over, collapse in a chair and put my head in my hands. Dad also speaks Parseltongue because they are brothers in all but blood. He comes over and kneels in front of me, taking my hands and forcing me to look at him.
"Lilly? What's wrong baby girl?" He asks, kissing my forehead. I shake my head and go to speak but the only thing that escapes me is a sob as I relive in my mind what I saw. My birth certificate from Gringotts was as follows: