Chapter Five; Confusing.

When I woke, there was something in the bed next to me. I sat up and looked over to the side of my bed, and saw a person. 

“Sarah!?” I exclaimed, stumbling out of bed. She opened her eyes and looked up at me. 

“Oh, Kio your finally up...” she said, “Last night you slept through everything.” 

Everything? What did that mean? It couldn’t...

“What do you mean.” I demanded. 

“Well, when I came over last night, they told me that you had moved somewhere else. So I went walking and found this little shed and decided to poke around a little, and I saw you in the window. Then I just came in and when I tried to wake you up you just kept on sleeping.” she said, sitting up. As she did, the covers of my bed slipped down revealing her pajamas... or should I say her silk underwear. I threw the covers over her and grabbed my phone out of the wall. I was about to turn it on when she threw herself on me. 

“What’s wrong?” she asked, “Don’t you want to see me...” 

“No.” I said shoving her off and picking up my still packed bag and my phone, iPod and laptop and walking out the door of the shed. 

“When I come back, you’d better be gone.” I said, slamming the door behind me. 

I walked until I found a bus stop and decided to sit for a while. According to the map on the wall of the stop, I had wandered into the next district. Now that I was less angry, it was obvious how tired and sick I felt. 

“Kio, is that you?” I heard. I almost jumped up and ran when Anamarie stopped in front of me. 

I stared at her, not knowing what to say. I wrapped my arms around her small, thin waist and pulled her into a hug. 

“Where have you been? I was worried I wouldn’t see you again.” I admitted. She pushed me off. 

“Kio, please don’t...” she said quietly. 

I didn’t reply. 

She gave me a tired smile. 

“You can’t go back home, can you?” she asked, looking me in the eye. I nodded. 

She sighed. 

“Alright, come with me. I’ll take you to a friend of mine’s place. He’s not there right now, so we won’t need to worry.” 

“Wait, what do you mean we?” I asked. 

“I’m already staying there, my Uncle is away on business and he doesn’t like me to be alone.” she said, leading me down a green, tree lined road. 

We walked about half a mile before either of us spoke.

“This is it.” she said, turning into a driveway and striding up the walkway.

She stopped, unlocking the door and stepping inside. I paused, wondering if this was the right thing to do. 

“If you don’t come in soon, I might close the door.” she said, but the look in her eye’s didn’t quite match her words. 

“Are you sure this is okay?” I asked. She shook her head. 

“No, I’m not. Does it matter?” 

“I guess not, I would rather be here than with that crazy lady Sarah.” 

Anamarie froze. 

“Who’s Sarah?” 

“No one, sorry.” I said quickly. 

She didn’t believe a word. 

“Tell me or I swear to god I will throw you out.”