The One Direction Games (A One Direction Hunger Games Fanfic)

This Is My Version (With The Help Of My Lovely Girlfriend of course) of the awesome novel, The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins with the One Direction boys. The storyline is not mine but I tried to change it up as much as possible.

Chapter 1

I let my hands roam the matress, seeking Niall's warmth. Instead, I only feel the rough, canvas matress against my calloused hands. I sit up with my body against the headboard, only to see Niall in my mother's bed, snuggled up with her instead of me. Love you too, Niall.

I get up and look around the room and decide to put on my father's old hunting boots and go out into the meadow to hunt for today's meals. Once I'm out the door, I walk to the 60 foot high fence that surrounds all of district 23. I look for the holes to get under the fence to get into the meadow and crawl under when I find one. The fence is supposed to be electrified all the time to keep out the vicious kittens and wild puppies that roam the wood just beyond the meadow, but electricity bills get high fast so the district just decides to keep it off most of the day. I'm pulling my bow and arrows from a hollow inside of a tree when I see Liam.

"Hey there, Haz." Liam says as I take the waterproof covering off of my sheath of arrows. My real name is Harry. Harry Styles. But ever since Liam and I met, Haz has always just been sort of a household nickname for me.

"Nice to see you again Li-" My voice was cut off by a far off snap. Another one of Liam's arsenal of traps. Liam has been an excellent trap maker for as long as I can remember.

"Talk about the odds being in our favor!" Liam said guesturing towards the wild rabbit that we had just caught. But then it hit me. Today is Reaping Day. It had totally slipped my mind. But I guess it doesn't matter right now because the reaping's not until two and it's only... Early. Me and Liam spend the rest of the day picking wild berries and mocking Caroline Flack's high pitched Capitol accent. Caroline Flack is the escort for District 23. Our nation of Deadland was said to have risen up from a place once called "The United Kingdom." The nation of Deadland has been split up into 23 districts. Each of the performing their own special task for the Capitol. 23 is the musical district. Everyone here either has a perfect singing voice or can play an instrument without flaw. It is also the poorest of the districts, seeing as how singing gets you nowhere. Most people die young here because they are either selected for the Hunger Games or starve to death. The Hunger Games are a sick, twisted, sort of reality TV show contest where each district sends in two children, or tributes, one male and one female, between the ages of 12 and 18 to be sent to an arena where they must fight to the death. The event, along with the reaping, or picking of the names lottery style, are televised for the whole world to see.

"District 23, where you can starve to death in perfect harmony." I mutter under my breath. There used to be 24 districts until District 24 did something really bad and the Capitol didn't want it anymore. Just like the parents on that show "Teen Mom." Now, District 24 lies just on the outskirts of our country, on an island that used to be known as "Ireland."

"We could do it you know." Liam says.

"Do what?" I ask hesitantly.

"Get out of this plae, run away, take the boat to 24. Start a new life over there." He says. It seems as if he really has lost his marbles this time.

"I'd rather take my chances with the Hunger Games. If the peacekeepers catch us trying to get to 24, they'll definitely kill us." I say in a matter-of-fact tone. The peacekeepers are the Capitol's own personal army to well... Keep peace. After this long and awkward conversation, I make my way back home to get ready for the reaping.

When I walk inside, I see clothes laid out on my bed. A green sweater and a black scarf along with dress pants. Reaping clothes. I quickly put them on and check how I look in the crack mirror that leans against the wall beside my bed.

"You look very handsome, Harry." My mother says, accompanied by Niall

"Fancy." Niall says simply. We leave to get to the District Square for the reaping where I meet Liam again. We chat fof a little befor getting our fingers pricked for check in. we get to our designated places for the reaping inside the velvet ropes, when Caroline Flack wanders up onto the stage with an almost menacing smile on her face.

"Welcome, welcome!" She says with the smile never leaving her face, "It is now time to pick our male tribute for the 74th annual Hunger Games!"

She digs her hand deeply into one of the two giant glass jars on stage. Each of these jars hold every one of District 23's children's names in it. She finally settles on one name and pulls it out of the jar. She carefully unfolds the piece of paper carefully and reads it out loud into the microphone. The name that she reads makes my heart stop, even though it isn't me or Liam.

It's Niall.

God Dammit.

*A/N* New Chapter Will Be Up As Of Tomorrow :) Hope You Liked This One:)