Chapter Thirteen - Catching Doctor Yabu

"Fujioka-san? I am aware of your condition. Please take off your clothes over there," I hear the female doctor talking.

"Okay," comes Haruhi's voice. The curtains rustled, and Haruhi walks in. Looking down at me, her eyes fill with fear. "Char-chan! Are you okay?"

"I'm fine..." I mutter.

"You say that too much," Haruhi sighs, helping me up. "Hey, it's okay. I saw Sebastian-san outside. That's good, right?"

"Sure, I guess..." I sit down on a chair, unbuttoning my shirt.

Haruhi is sliding off her shirt, while I fiddle with my hair, when a man comes inside. How did he get in here? How did he slip past Sebastian? What?

We both look over, and Haruhi's about to say something when he cover's her mouth, a hand on mine, too. "It's not what you think! Please don't scream!"

I just sit there, eyes wide.

"Haruhi!" 2.0 comes running in, kicking the man into the wall. "Tama-chan kick!"

"One: Looks that attract the public eye," the twins are suddenly standing on either side of Haruhi, a dark look on their faces.

"Two: Undaunted wealth," Kyoya steps out of the shadows, glasses glinting.

"Three: Chivalry that cannot over look..." Takashi pops up.

"The hideous wickedness of this world," Mitsukuni came below him.

Tamaki puts his shirt on Haruhi's head. "We, the Ouran Host Club, will see you now!"

Roses appear behind them, making everything even more dramatic. I resist the urge to bust out laughing. Did they rehearse this, or something?

"Please, at least spare my life!" The man bows down in front of them, and I flash a look at Kyoya, who gives me a small, amused grin.

I break, and start laughing, getting glares from all the members of the Host Club. "Do you really think... Haha!... That these boys are gonna kill 'ya? You have got to be kidding, right? You didn't even do anything wrong! Jeez, talk about over reacting! You," I point to the man. "Just tell us why you're here."

Haruhi glances up at Tamaki, and then me, before letting her gaze stray to the man bent down on the floor in front of us.

"I run a small, internal medical clinic in the next town over. My name is Yabu."

"Yabu. He says "Yabu,"" Kaoru cuts in.

"Incredible! So there really in a doctor out there..."

"Named Dr. Yabu," the twins finish the last part in unison.

The curtain had suddenly disappeared, and the female doctor and Sebastian watch on, unamused. I glare up at the twins. "Oh, shut up already! He's telling a story!"

"The truth is, I wanted to see my daughter who left home with my wife last month, and ended up coming to school here."

"Why did your wife and daughter leave you?" Haruhi asks.

I get bored really quickly, so I make myself Jaunt behind Sebastian. I don't know why, I just do. Besides, who wants to hear a life story? Back in England, 1887, people just put up with their spouses. Like I did, like Ciel did.

The world is different now.

Yeah, well, they made it more boring. After the first and second World Wars, humans got soft. I hate it.

I'm afraid you will have to deal with it, Miss Charlotte.