Hurt

I made arrangements for Matt and I to meet up at a spot, so that we could walk to school together. I was worrying about the day i missed school, but Matt quietened me down with a reassuring hug. I was beginning to grow fond of his hugs; I felt sparks whenever we touched. We arrived at school with his arm around my waist. Everyone was looking at us. I wondered if Mr Parker had been up to his lies again. I noticed a blonde, makeup painted girl glaring at me through her cold eyes. There was something menacing in that look. Matt pulled me closer to him, as we entered the school building. We said our farewells promising to meet at break and dinner. I guess I had no one else, but I was quite content. I arrived at registration on time and quickly took my seat. I was startled to see Mr Evans smile at me nicely and I hurriedly looked away. Perhaps he regretted his mean words last time we met, I certainly did regret my own. The twenty minutes passed quickly and so did the first two lessons. It wasn't long before I was walking to meet Matt at break. It was while I was in the corridor, that I was tripped up. A high pitched shriek of laughter escaped the lips of a blond girl. She was the same girl I had noticed glaring at me earlier. I got up from the floor and hurried on. I didn't want to start an argument.

"Look at that slut! Going to meet Matt are we?" The blond girl spoke. I shrugged and continued to walk away.

"No one walks away from me!" She growled nastily and two hideous looking boys stepped out from behind her.

"I believe I just did." The words had come out of my mouth before I could stop them. Her face boiled beneath the makeup giving it a peculiar shine. Within seconds she had slapped me. It was a pathetic little tap and I had to bite my tongue to stop myself from laughing. Tim and John my Uncle, had given me so much worse. She noticed my unresponsive body language and the faint smirk dancing on my face.

"Get her." She growled looking at her two companions. I began to run but they caught up with me, as Tim had injured my leg the night before. They shoved me into a store room, that was full of brown cardboard boxes. They hit and punched me but I refused to make a sound. I guess you can say, I've had a lot of practice. They avoided my face; much too noticeable. I was thankful for that. When they had finished, the two boys growled in annoyance at my silent figure. Slowly one withdrew a small penknife and stabbed it into my back. It wasn't deep, but I yelped out of shock more than pain. They left me there bleeding and bruised, ashamed that I had given in. I missed the next lesson; I tried to stop the bleeding with toilet paper and I put a wet cloth on the bruises. I went back to the store room and I went to sleep. I was tired for no reason and it wasn't until end of 4th period that I woke up. I did think of missing 5th period, Maths with Mr Parker, but I had a bone to pick with him. And it couldn't wait.

I attempted to hide my limp as I entered Maths. I looked around to see that Mr Parker wasn't there yet and that Emma was obviously ignoring me. I sighed, sad that she hadn't forgiven me yet. The only spare seat was next to her, so I sat there rather reluctantly. Joe was also in this class; he wouldn't stop glaring at me. I winced as the wound where I has been stabbed, began to bleed again. Thank goodness no one seemed to have noticed. Suddenly the door banged open, and Mr Parker ran in, looking rather tired. He scanned the room frantically and his gaze stopped on me. A small smirk appeared on his face and I felt the anger rising fast inside of me. I looked away, afraid at what I might do if I looked a second longer at his annoying face.

"Miss King. Can I talk to you for a minute?" He said more as a statement than a question. I reluctantly stood up and followed him outside of the classroom. He shut the door.

"I just want to apologise about the conversation you over heard between Miss Strew and I. It wasn't intended to be heard and I shouldn't have expressed my opinion so honestly" Mr Parker scoffed. I wanted to slap his pretty, little face. "I didn't realise you would take it so badly. I mean you cried and missed school."

"I was crying before I heard the conversation and I missed school because I wanted to be with Matt." I replied angrily.

"Why wasn't Matt in school?"

"I don't know. But he was with me and that's all I care about." I said rather dreamily. He growled angrily.

"Matt has a girlfriend." Mr Parker grunted.

"What?" I basically screamed. He jumped at my voice and looked at me, smirking. Again.

"Didn't he tell you? They were making out just last week on the school field." He said almost triumphantly. I suddenly felt very sick. The world was spinning around me. It felt like Matt had betrayed me. Maybe he only saw me as a friend? Maybe I was just his 'thing on the side'?

"You didn't think you actually had a chance for true love with him? He is the biggest playboy I know. He goes for the much prettier people, unlike you." Mr Parker scoffed. There was a sharp sound as I slapped him hard on his cheek. He reeled in shock and just looked completely surprised by my action. But I was just as shocked at what I had just done. I backed towards the wall as he approached me. He looked menacing and I was afraid. That's when my stab wound decided to bleed again. I felt weak and the next thing I had fallen onto the floor.

"Fainting? Is that the only way you get yourself out of trouble?" Mr Parker laughed whilst he bent over my crumpled body. That was the last thing I heard before I lost consciousness.