(12) Secrets, Lies and Love

Chapter 12

When Drew and I got to school in the morning, I was in a good mood. We had to go in early because Drew had some test to take of had to talk to a teacher about something; I wasn't really sure. When we got there I decided to go sit in the library and read a book that I brought with me. I was sitting in a chair, in a secluded part of the library, when someone came from behind me and covered my eyes with their hands.

"Guess who?" that someone whispered in my ear.

"Chris, you're really immature, you know that right?" I said to him.

"How did you know it was me?" he asked, baffled.

"Your cologne. It smells really nice. What kind is it?" I questioned.

"Just some kind that I picked up back home," he told me. "So listen, I was thinking that we never got to really finish our date the other night."

"Oh, really?" I asked him in a patronizing tone.

"Yeah, we were interrupted right before the good part," he informed me. The way he was talking wasn't overly smug or cocky. He was just simply stating a fact.

"So, what do you intend to do to fix that?" At this point we had been leaning close together so our noses seemed like they were almost touching.

"This," he said before leaning in to touch his lips to mine.

When our lips touched it seemed as though sparks were flying behind my eyes. It also seemed that when he touched my face with his hands, that sent sparks flying too. Chris kept the kiss appropriate for being at school. It wasn't anything too big, but it was enough to make me forget about where I was. When he pulled away I smiled up at him.

"You're right," I told him.

"About what was I right?" he asked me with a dazed look in his eyes. This made me guess that I wasn't the only one that felt the sparks fly.

"That was the best part."

He chuckled and then grabbed a seat to sit down next to me. Seeing as we still had sometime before class he pulled out some homework he had to finish. I continued to read my book.

"How come you got here so early?" I asked him.

"Mike was pissing me off so I left early. What about you?" he questioned me back.

"Drew said he had something to take care of," I replied to his question.

"I see. So, I was thinking about asking you a question," Chris said softly.

"Ask away," I encouraged him.

"Do you want to be my girlfriend?" I was slightly taken aback at his question. Before I could say anything, he continued, "Before you answer I just want you to know that I understand that you just got out of a relationship with Mike. Even though I don't know what all happened with that, I want you to know that I am not my cousin," he quickly rushed out.

"Are you going to let me answer," I chuckled, "or just keep blabbering?"

Chris made a show of zipping his lips up and locking them, and then giving me the key.

I laughed and then answered, "Yes, I will be your girlfriend."

He smiled and started to mumble something but couldn't talk because his "lips were locked together". I made a show of throwing the key over my shoulder and then walked from the library. When I got to my locker, a pair of arms wrapped around my middle.

"Did you find the key already?" I asked.

"Not sure what you mean about that but I know I found something," a voice that wasn't Chris's answered.