(6) Secrets, Lies and Love

Chapter 6

Chris's POV

I didn't really want to deal with my cousin anymore so I went back to Andy's house. When I got there I just sat around in the shadows. My disguise seemed to be working really well. I have never been able to go to a party and just sit around.

I use to really love all the attention that I got from girls. It was like heaven on earth. It just got to the point where I needed a break. That is why I came here to stay with Mike.

Sitting at the party was actually really fun. I had never been to a real high school party so this was a new experience for me. When everyone had gotten to the point of passing out, I heard Andy fall while trying to get up the stairs. She looked so determined to make it up the stairs on her own, but I didn't want her to fall and get hurt. I have to admit, she is the first girl that I have ever wanted to look after. All of the others were just to have fun with.

When Andy was changing, I started looking at all of her books. She had a full wall of books, and they weren't small walls. It was all built in book shelves. I don't think there was one empty space.

When Andy got into her bed, she looked so cold. I couldn't just let her freeze, so I crawled in to warm her up. I didn't plan on staying the night but it was so peaceful that I fell asleep.

When I woke up, she was gone. I rolled over and found a note. I read it with a smile. I must have fallen asleep again because the next time I opened my eyes, I could hear a shower running. I decided to get up and look at her books again. There were just so many of them.

When she came out and we were talking about passions, I almost blurted out that I am an actor. Then, as we were about to go downstairs, my agent, Joe, called me. After Andy left, I picked up the phone.

"What is it Joe?" I asked him rather harshly. Joe knew he wasn't supposed to contact me.

"Hey Jason, how's high school going?"

"I told you to call me Chris."

"Sorry. So, the studio called and they have a new roll for you. I told them we can negotiate a deal later this week."

"No, I am taking this year off and you knew that. Why would I want to go ahead with this deal?"

"This is a movie based on a very popular book that you would be great for. Filming would only start next summer. You wouldn't need to miss any school."

"I will think about it, but I won't guarantee anything."

"That's a start. Talk to you soon."

"Bye."