(7) Secrets, Lies and Love

Chapter 7

Andy's POV

I was downstairs getting everything ready to make pizzas when Chris came downstairs. There were no emotions on his face to suggest that he had just had an intense conversation.

"Alright Madame Chef," Chris said with a nearly perfect Italian accent, "what shall I begin working on?"

"Well, we need to fry up the sausage. Do you know how to do that?"

"In my sleep," he responded proudly.

"Alright, all the stuff is right there. Have at it."

While Chris fried up the sausage, I rolled out the dough for the crust that I had let sit over night. We talked about random things while we cooked. I know that his mom is still back in California and that he doesn't mention his dad, at all. I just guessed that they have never met. He knows that my parents are the owners of a law firm where they defend all of the big business owners and famous people. He refused to tell me what his mom does for a living, but I didn't plan on pushing the issue. When there was five minutes left on the pizza, we thought it would be time to wake up the guys.

"So, what do you say, nice or mean?" I asked Chris.

"What do you mean?" he questioned me with a confused look on his face.

"Just pick one."

"Ok, uh...mean."

"Excellent."

I grabbed six glasses and ran the water from the sink until it was freezing cold. We filled up the glasses and walked into the living room. I told Chris to wait for just a minute. I wanted to do something to Stefan first. Stefan was my brother's best friend out of all of the guys. He was always over while we were growing up and he never gave me a moment's peace. The cruelest thing he'd ever done was, while I was sleeping in shorts and a tank top, he threw me out in the snow. Now was the time for revenge.

I got down next to him and started whispering in his ear. While doing that I ran my fingers down his rock hard stomach, getting lower every second. Just at the right moment, I dumped the glass of water on him, but, not on his face.

At this, I went around to the others and dumped water on them. I told Chris to let me do it because the guys were less likely to hit me then him.

"Goddammit Andria," Drew yelled, while trying to grab me. I jumped over him and ran to hide.

"Sorry, it had to be done. Pizza is ready," I said from my hiding place behind Chris. "Drew, you have got a nice shiner or your eye there."

The guys got up and walked into the kitchen. Stefan stayed behind with a confused look on his face.

"Stefan, if you think too hard, you will hurt yourself," I said to him.

"Oh...well...yeah." He walked into the kitchen. Not weird at all.

I followed into the kitchen and saw that the pizza was already half gone. I grabbed two pieces before there wasn't any left.

"Hey, Andy, do you have any soda?" Chris asked.

All the guys just looked at Chris with the same expressions on their faces. I am sure that my face looked the same.

"What?" Chris asked, confused.

"What did you just say?" I asked.

"Do you have any soda that I could drink?" he repeated like he was asking a three-year-old.

"No, we don't have any soda," I said spitting the word. "We have pop to drink.

"It is not called pop. It is soda," Chris argued.

"Sorry, buddy, you are in Minnesota. We call it pop here," I said to him.

"Andy," Drew warned. "Sorry, Chris, she gets really into these arguments. She is convinced that says everything right."

"Because I do say everything right," I grumbled.

"Okay," Chris said, "I will call it...pop when I am around you."

Satisfied, I walked to the fridge and pulled out a few cans and brought them to the table. The guys quickly grabbed what they could."

"Chris," Drew said, "I just wanted to apologize for almost hitting you last night. I wasn't aiming for you. I'm sorry."

I was taking a drink of my pop while Drew said this. I took a breath while drinking, causing the drink to go down the wrong tube. I started coughing violently. After I was done with my coughing episode, all the guys were looking at me.

"What?" I asked them sheepishly.

"Are you okay?" Drew asked.

"Yeah," I said to him. And to Chris I said, "You had better treasure this moment. Drew almost never apologizes to anyone."

"That is not true," Andrew argued.

All at the same time, the guys said, "Yeah it is."

"Apology accepted," Chris said.

We had finished the pizza when the guys wanted to go play paintball. I would usually want to join in right away for a chance to shoot someone, but, for some reason, I just didn't feel like going. Chris didn't really want to go either, I was happy that the guys thought to include him, and he said he had to go home. Something about his aunt worrying about where he was.

I was walking him to the door when he turned to me. He looked kind of nervous. It was cute.

"Iwaswonderingifyouwantedtogoonadatewithme?" he said all in one word.

"Sorry, didn't catch that." I said to him.

He took a deep breath and started again, "I was wondering if you wanted to go on a date with me?"

"Sure. When?"

"Are you busy tonight?"

"No."

"Cool. I will pick you up at five."

"Where are we going to go?"

"Crap. I don't know any places around here that we could go to."

"Okay, how 'bout I drive. I would rather not go to Michael's house, so still be here at five?"

"Alright, see you then."

See ya," I said as he walked to his car and drove away.