Chapter Seven

Rylee's Pov:

'Have you ever met someone so special that you felt you weren't even good enough to look at them? Felt like they could do better by just talking to someone else? Wonder why they were hanging out with you so much when you know their other friends are most likely perfect kids. Yet every time you were actually around them, you felt better about everything that was bad about you. Being around that person made you feel like a totally different person. Wishing they were there every minute of your life. Want to change how you are to people and how you see them... hoping they like you as more than a friend...'

My thoughts were abruptly halted as I heard the car door slam; the boys jumping out and ran into the house. I sighed as I leaned my head on the steering wheel. My head was being constantly swamped with all these random thoughts. It was becoming a challenging thing for my sleeping patterns. Ever god damn minute of the day, my mind was on her and how she was... making me change. I groaned as I unbuckled the seatbelt and got out, noticing Autumn shutting her door as well. I had to calm myself down as I felt my heartbeat race quickly. This was just looking at her... now talking...

"Hey." She gave me the most innocent smile. I closed my eyes for a moment as I tried to give her one back.

"Hey yourself." She smiled again as she walked in step with me. 'Would she freak out if I told her what was really on my mind?' Oh my god my brain just needs to shut up.

"So, you really don't mind if he stays the night here?" Her voice shook my thoughts once again. I looked over at her as I took my sunglasses off. She was looking dead on, towards the front door. I smiled.

"You can stay too, if you want." I said in the neediest sounding voice. If it was possible without her seeing, I'd slap myself for it. I watched as she nibbled on her lower lip slightly. My body must have erupted or something because I was becoming extremely hot just watching her do that.

"Uhm... I don't know if that's a good idea?" She said in a small voice. I was about to ask why, when another voice interrupted me.

"Finally, you're home!" I looked over to see Brooke sitting on my front porch, standing up as we walked closer. "I've been waiting for the past hour!" I gave her a questioning stare as we approached her.

"What are you doing here?"

"Uhm, hello?! We were going to hang out tonight girl!" I looked at Autumn and she just rolled her eyes and walked passed us into the house. Brooke scrunched up her nose as she watched her. "Who's that bitch?" I felt myself grow annoyed.

"Don't call her that, and I don't remember making plans with you tonight, plus I have two games this weekend. I don't have time." She looked slightly appalled.

"Jesus, just fuck her already and get your head out of your ass." She stated as she flipped her hand back and placed her hands on her hips. I rolled my eyes as I sighed in frustration.

"Excuse me?"

"You heard me; I know what you're up to. She's some new meat to munch on then you're gonna drop her. You do that too all the girls you like. I mean I heard what you and that Ashley girl did behind the gym. This girl playing hard to get?" I stood there shell-shocked. Not just at what she said, but because of the partial truth behind it. I closed my eyes as bunch my hands into tight fists.

"Just leave, ok? I'm rather busy." I said as I tried to walk past her, but of course she grabbed my arm.

"Dude, come on. It's Jacob's big house party tonight!" She exclaimed. I sighed again.

"No, I'm staying indoors tonight. Sorry you waited so long for the bad news." I shut the door on her face and turned around to see a baffled Autumn... "Uhm... did you hear all of that?"