B2: Chapter Two

Rylee's Pov:

"Can you please sit still?" I yelled, trying my best to buckle his seat-belt, "I don't get why you even need help with this crap anymore." I groaned as he kept fidgeting around. Hayden glared up at me with malicious thoughts.

"Well maybe if your stupid new car wasn't so difficult to reach the stupid buckle in this stupid bulky car seat!" He fought back, smacking my arm, the buckle finally clicked. I stood straight up, looking to the front seat to see Autumn giggling at me. My eyes drew to slits, but she didn't back down from me.

"What happened to my sweet innocent little brother?" I asked, crossing my arms and furrowing my brows. Hayden stared at me blankly before shaking his head with distaste. "And why do you even need this dumb thing? You're eight years old!"

"I'm still seven you moron!" He looked on the verge of tears. I didn't know what to do; surrounded by so much emotional distress. I eyed Autumn for help who finally got the hint to help me out.

"It's okay Hayden," Autumn smiled while I closed his door and jumped into the drivers' seat, "Joel still has his booster seat too, it's just for safety reasons anyway. Would you like to watch something on my phone?" She handed him her phone and it was like his life had changed for the better. I rolled my eyes, thanking the gods of whoever ruled the universe that he finally calmed down.

"Thank you,"Hayden smiled up at Autumn before shooting me a deathly glare, my brow raising in disgust, "See, why can't you be as nice as Autumn?" He stuck his tongue out, I looked back at him with fire, ready to snap on him when I felt a hand on my shoulder. I sighed, glancing back to Autumn who had a brow raised and her head tilted to one side. Grinding my teeth, I turned to focus on the road.

"Just leave him be, he obviously didn't want to come with us." She whispered, her fingers lacing with my own to rest between us. My temper disappeared as quickly as it had appeared with her thumb gently rubbing the top of my hand.

It was official now; we were on our way to move into our new dorm. I'm sure some of you are going to be wondering the same thing our parents wondered; why the hell are you living on campus? Well, for starters, it's about the whole college experience. I didn't really care for it to be honest with you, but Autumn was craving it for some reason. Maybe to get away from her family?

That sounded horrible! Autumn loves her family, but because of everything shes had to do to take care of her brother and helping with Audrey, I can't say I blame her for wanting to distance her self from all of it. It didn't make her a bad person. She just wanted some breathing room is all. Another reason, and most likely the main reason, was so that we could spend more time together.

Again, that probably sounds ridiculous. We've been a couple for a few months, how much more time do we really need to spend together? Well, Autumn still has to help her sister with her physical therapy, help take care of her brother, soccer, classes, and I still had my job. Needless to say, the only time we would have to see one another will, unfortunately, be late at night.

Autumn had already decided her major; computer engineering. I had no fucking clue as to what the hell that was, but it was extremely smart-sounding. I remember when she told me; I was dumbfounded. I hadn't a clue that she was even interested in computers. But, you learn something new from the person you're with all the time. With how amazing she was at soccer, I would have assumed that she wanted to play professionally.

I felt like a complete idiot because I hadn't a clue as to what I wanted to do anymore. For years, I had just assumed that I was going to end up a Doctor just like my father. But, in the past few months, I was able to convince my parents that it just wasn't the right thing for me. Who knows, maybe I was meant to play soccer in the Olympics! I just didn't know what I wanted. I was hoping the first year of school would push me in the right direction though.