alone i once stood: chapter1

my name is Yasmin Ortiz, i'm 17 years old and a junior at Esperanza rising high school it's a Spanish school but all race is welcomed. "Yasmin, Yasmin" a girl called out to me snapping me out my day dream. "um yes Cleo" i said in a low voice "your in my seat now move!" Cleo said slamming her hand on the table. Causing every one to look and whisper in our direction. "Oh i-i'm sorry" i stuttered. And got up "dork" she said and every one started laughing.

 Cleo Marcus an absolute -itch. She had blue eyes and brown hair.and a nice body and by that i mean she has a big chest and a flat stomach. Me on the other hand i had hazel eyes that changed depending on my mood. i had jet black hair that stopped mid-way of my back i had light dimples when i smiled. My skin was an Indian tan color. i had a nice body well in my eyes i did.  I had harry Potter glasses and braces. I my good friends are a total - "Dork move!" Cleo said finishing my mental sentence.

 "sorry" i quietly said grabbing my books and heading to the back of the science room where i sat by my self. i was wearing a brown t-shirt and black carpi's with some black converse. My hair was in two low braids. I took out my book twilight breaking dawn. i love fiction books i'm so team Jacob. I smiled at the thought if vampires and werewolves really existed it would be nice. "Oh look the loser is reading about vampires and werewolves how-" misty was cut off by Torrie  "lame"  she said.the class broke out in laughter "alright class settle down" Mrs. young said i got up and ran out of class. "ms.Ortiz wai-" the dismissal bell cut Mrs.young off.

 It was 7thperiod now which meant lunch. i walked into the lunch room to my original table. but stopped in my tracks when i saw some guy at my table.who does he think he is i took a deep breath and walked to my table. emphasis on 'my table' i walked to over "um this is my table" i said but it came out as a slow whisper. No way he could hear me "I don't see your name on it" he said in the most sexiest voice ever and turned around to face me.

My jaw hit the floor i looked him up and down once then kept my eyes on the floor he had light brown eyes black curly spiky hair some fell in his face his skin tone was a little lighter then mines. "It's not nice to just stand there with your eyes glued to the floor" he said in a low soft voice but loud enough for me to hear. I looked up "better" he said with a smile that showed both his deep dimples and and nice white teeth. He let a laugh and i looked at him "What?" "nothing you was just staring at me" he said i felt my cheeks heat up ABORT! ABORT! my mind screamed.

 I turned to run but he grabbed my hand "no need to run i don't bite" he said with a wink "here sit" he said i nodded and took a seat across from him i looked anywhere but at him."My name is Carlos"he said "i'm Yasmin" i said with a light smile. "You got braces!" he said a little shocked "yeah.." i said covering my mouth and looking away. he smiled just as Cleo,Mist, and Torrie walked over toward us. "You shouldn't  talk to dorks" Misty said "yeah  especially ones who read and believes in werewolves and vampires actually existing" Cleo said. I looked down i could feel every ones eyes staring at me "awe what's the matter baby gonna cry here maybe this will help with that" Cleo said taking strawberry milk and dumping it on me.

 "Oh my! did i do that? damn.. those muscle spasm's" she said "i-i-i got to go" i said getting up and started running. "what the hell!" Carlos exclaimed "Yasmin wait!" he yelled out to me but i kept running. The tone in his voice...he was pissed but why he didn't know me but their was a spark when we talked. i made it home it was a small house the house was a light blue color i entered the house dropped my bag the floor was a brown carpet and the inside was same as the out i had one long black couch a small t.v long two floor lamps. in the dining room was a medium round table filled with empty beer bottles. The kitchen was small it had a white fridge a stove some cabinets and a trash can.

 I went to the bathroom and took off my clothes. i was in my underclothes. I was looking in to the long mirror that hang above the sink and marble cabinets. I removed my glasses and loosened my hair. I smiled showing my braces i ran my tongue over them. "thank god  that they come off Sunday" i said. Today was Friday. I sighed and walked away from the mirror over to the shower. i i walked in and shut the glass door and turned on the hot and cold water. Once it was warm i placed myself under the water and washed up. Twenty-five minutes passed and i heard my front door close. My dads home i should finish up. once i was done i headed to my room. i entered my room and shut my door my walls were blue. I had a bed on top of a box spring, a long dresser with a mirror. I placed them on the dresser i could see with out them but preferred to wear them.

 At home i wouldn't wear them. I brushed my hair and put them in two braids again. i put some black and red ball shorts and a black under shirt some ankle socks and my nike's. Boom i heard a crash "papi eres tu?" (dad is that you) i said "hija donde esta?" (daughter where are you) my father said drunk. then there was another boom. i walked out my room and walked down stairs. There was a drunken hooker passed out on the floor and my dad next to her that was what the two booms were. I shook my head and walked back up stairs to my room. It was four so i decided to take nap. i woke up to loud laughter's and bottles breaking. not again it was seven o'clock which meant happy hour or hours to my dad.

 i put my shoes on grabbed my book and glasses. I opened my window i looked out it wasn't much of a fall i climbed out the window and let go of the Ceil and fell on my butt. I looked up at my bed room window and got up. I dusted my self off flipped my backyard gate crossed the street and ran into the woods. To the spot i would go to get away. It was a big tree old but still beautiful it was deep in the woods. I came here with my mom and older sister we played hide and seek and stumbled upon this tree. Its was beautiful, that day was best day of my life. When my mom and sister died it was in a cross fire between cops and robbers. Five stray bullets hit my mom and sister two in my moms chest and three hit my sister one in the head, chest and stomach.  i was 8 at the time i could see their spirits after they died. The kids used to taunt saying "Yasmin, Yasmin she's a creep she used to play with dolly's now she talks to ghost you freak" the said and laughed.

 A tear rolled down my face i wiped it away and began reading my book.  After awhile the sun set and the moon rose and shone through the the trees. 'crunch' i heard a branch snap. i placed my book down and got up i walked to the sound. Dumb right but you would do the same if you was in my situation. i looked and saw a wolf i think it was big and brown all of a sudden it jumped out and pushed me to the floor. My glasses flew off i landed on my butt. i was shocked i started looking around for my glasses. Then i heard a crack i looked at the wolf and i swear it was smiling at me enjoying the moment. It lifted up its paw his eyes still on me. I looked down and saw my glasses he broke them. "ugh" i groaned "you dumb dog" i said it started growling and slowly move towards me.

 Okay now i'm scared i got up fast and just as fast i got up i started running. i heard it growl ad take off after me "HELP! SOMEBODY ANY BODY HELP!" i screamed. and with my perfect luck i tripped and rolled on my back. I saw the wolf jump ready to land on me. I quickly rolled out of his way. It growled and started to circle around me showing his teeth its eyes were green. he pounced on me  i closed my eyes waiting to die. I heard a yelp and  i opened my eyes. I saw another wolf this one was black he was growling and showing his teeth at the brown wolf. They both jumped at each other and the black wolf bit the brown on the neck and the brown on bit his paw they both yelped and jumped back.

"Stop!" i yelled the black one looked at me and lowered his head and the brown wolf took it as a free shot and jumped on the black wolf knocking him on his back he let out a yelp. The brown wolf tried going for the neck but he (black wolf) pushed him off and jumped on him (brown wolf). He bit the brown wolfs neck  the brown wolf yelped he did it one more time then got off. The brown wolf got up started limping then ran off he probably wasn't going to survive. The black wolf licked his paw  twice  and started walking towards me. At least he wasn't growling. "S-stay  doggy i mean Mr.wolf i'm not tasty at all" i said backing up.

The wolf lowered his head and kept his eyes closed "good boy you wouldn't like me any way i taste like  salty chicken" i said. The wolfs head shot up to look at me. great Yaz you made him hungry. He walked closer to me i saw his eyes they were a light brown something made me stop walking that and i backed up into a tree  and had no where to go. I reached to pet him and he let me. He whined then a gold glow started happening i pulled my hand away and quickly got up it happened fast. Then a half naked Carlos stood up "Aaaaahhhhhh!" i screamed and then fainted. Thank god it's Friday