Chapter 5

Aphmau awoke with a start as the carriage stopped. The first thing that crossed her mind was, Oh, Baby hadn't been burned to death. The second thing was that it was early morning.

"We've arrived." Baby rasped. She seemed to have recovered from the shock, for she no longer had a faraway look in her eyes. Pikachu looked alert as ever, tiny sparks flying from his fur as he looked out the window. Suddenly the door to the carriage was thrown open by an incredibly thin woman. She had long red hair up in a ponytail and a long purple gown. She looked the carriage up and down until her gaze rested on Baby.

"Just checking you were here on official business," Her voice her sound bored as she leaned against the door frame," Kid's story checks out. Killer clown, Animatronian woman, and one electric mouse."

"What did you just call me?" Pikachu hissed, jumping down from his seat and marching over to the woman, "Who are you anyway?"

The woman rolled her eyes as she replied, "Megara, friends call me Meg. I'm a guard of the Greek district entrance." She then looked over at Jess with the same bored look on her face. "You Lady Aphmau?"

"Yes, that's me." Aphmau responded, trying to flatten down her messed up hair. What she wouldn't give for a mirror.

"Well, I'm required to tell you not to make eye contact with anyone in the streets. If you see a couple of kids in red and white, that's the Schoolers. Do you know who the Schoolers are, Lady?" Aphmau shuddered and nodded. She knew exactly who they were. "Then you know to keep your head down and keep walking. You'll have a guard until you reach the edge of the Greek district. I'm also required to sprinkle crystallized blood on you, but the mouse is mad and I'm not getting that stuff on my hands. Capiche?" Aphmau shifted uncomfortably.

"Understood, Ms. Meg."

"Good," Meg's attention snapped back to the front of the carriage, "Percy! Where's Ares?"

"I think he skipped today!" The voice of a teenage boy sounded from the outside. Meg's eyes narrowed.

"Ok, what about Wonder Boy?"

"He's on crowd control for some centaurs."

"Does nobody  else do their job around here?" Meg was growing impatient, and Aphmau shifted uncomfortably once again. There wasn't exactly a tension in the air, but there obviously was for Aphmau. She had been nervous going back to her homeland, and this little dispute was only making her more so.

"We have Hazel. Will that work?" Percy finally came to a conclusion.

"Yes! Anybody! Make sure she has her gear!" Meg ordered, and looked back at Aphmau. A small smile played on her lips as she said something completely out of the blue, "If you see Ballora, tell her it's time to dance." Baby stiffened up and Meg closed the carriage door.

"The nerve of that woman!" Pikachu spat and took his place angrily next to Baby, "I hate everything about this place!"

"It's not that bad...." Aphmau defended her homeland, even though she knew perfectly well that living there was worse than living in the underworld.

"Please! Do you know Why I'm helping you take out the mouse?" Pikachu was glaring at Jess, and she shook her head. "They took over the Alolan district in Poke'opilus! My Pa died in a battle that was never meant to be fought! Those Disney scum deserve to die like the pikas they are!"

"I'm one of those Disney scum," Aphmau whispered, "but I'm sorry that they put you through that." Aphmau cautiously looked out the window. They were definitely in the Greek district. Less than a mile away, was the Anthro district. Her parents were so close, and yet... Her train of thought was interrupted. She made eye contact with a girl who had the same skin tone, dark hair, and wore along white skirt with a rich red blouse, and white rose in her hair. Gabriella? No.... The girl smiled as the carriage passed, and put a finger over her lips. Aphmau blinked and shook her head. She must have been seeing things. Gabriella would never....

"Hey! What are you looking at?" Pikachu snapped.

"I think I made eye contact with a Schooler...." Aphmau shuddered.

"So? You made eye contact with a kid. Big deal."

"No, you don't get it. The schoolers are a gang. They've terrorized the streets of Disney for as long as I can remember. Well, them and the Descendants. I think I just made us a target."

"As if they could lay a finger on any of us!" Pikachu guffawed and crossed his small arms.

"Y-you're right. I'm sure it's fine...."

--------------time skip brought to you by Greek Yogurt that Editor probably can't have-------------

*Correct*

In Jessica's mind, hours seem to pass before they finally reached the castle. In reality, it was only about half an hour. She had been counting the seconds since they had left the Greek district. They had left the guard, Hazel, behind and replaced her with a nice man by the name of Captain Steve Rogers. He had assured her that they would come to no harm while he was around, but the image in Gabriella was still fresh in Aphmau's mind. Could her old friend really be involved in such a violent way of life?

Aphmau got out of the carriage to be greeted by three guards. She recognized the hero Mulan and the legendary Woody of the Toy district, but the man in strange armor with long blonde hair was new to her. Mulan, who was in front of the other two, bowed.

"We'll see to it that the criminal is safely transferred to the dungeons. King Mickey eagerly awaits your presence in the throne room." She explained as the other two took Baby away, Pikachu following. Jessica took a deep breath. She was about to come face to face with the tyrant of Disney himself. Nathaniel came down from the carriage with Steve and looked at Aphmau nervously.

"After you, Lady Aphmau."