Pretty Little Bones- Dedication

• Dedicated to The guy that was terrified, but never let it show

Dude,

I never meant for anyone to read this, but it's like you always say "memories don't do any good just sitting around."

So I guess this is the memory of how I tried to destroy myself and how you tried to fix everything.

And I guess it didn't happen anything like what happens here. Or maybe it happened exactly like this story. You'll know.

This is sort of my apology to you. I don't know why I had to go away, but it was never anything you said or did. It was me. And I'm sorry that you had to follow me, but thanks for not being the coward.

Because honestly, everything about this scares me.

It scares me to think that someday you might stumble across this and realize I got everything all wrong.

It scares me that you probably didn't feel this way at all.

Sometimes, when you aren't here, I lay on your side of the bed and look over to where I'm supposed to be and just wonder what you ever saw in me. I wonder why you stuck around for so long. I wonder how I earned my place in these sheets. I wonder about a lot of things, really.

I guess this is my idea of what I think might have been playing in your head through all this shit.

It's all for you.

And I'm sorry if people think that I made you out to be a passive, useless character. To me and to this, you are everything. It makes me sad that no one will realize just how important you are to the story.

There wouldn't be a story without you.

There wouldn't be a me without you.

Thanks for always being a constant and a variable. Thanks for letting me figure things out for myself. It's hard to stand back and let someone fail again and again, but I know why you did it.

Thank you for being brave enough to trust me.

This is all for you.

Never forget that you always meant something to me. I'm not much, but hopefully what's left is enough to make you happy, if only for a little while.

Love,

The girl you didn't let go