Chapter 6

Chapter 6-

Dea had rushed to work as quickly as she could... once she got out of the shower. Some things simply couldnt be rushed.

Much to her delight, her headache was beggining to subside. The extra dose of painkillers she'd taken had done their job. As she raced through the streets, on foot, no point driving around in this town. She could take a few alley ways and be there just as quick if not quicker.

She was feeling rather alert today, not that she wasnt always alert, she had to be, but the extra slee she'd mistakenly gotten had done wonders for her. She even looked better, the bags under her eyes that she tried each day to hide under make up had subsided enough to only need half the make-up to cover.

Why do you bother with make-up? No one looks at you anyway.

Her mind maliciously retorted.

She couldnt argue. No one did look at her, not that she minded.. really.. She didnt want anyone to look at her. Attention was.. undesirable. She couldnt carry a truly honest relationship given her lifestyle. So she put up a front. Cold. Disconnected. Distant. Within such a small town word eventually got around she was 'different' a 'no go zone' , and since male suiters had stopped bothering her. Which was just what she had wanted.

So the make-up then?

She sighed. The make-up was her own little way of expressin her femininity. If she had to stalk and kill like a beast, and dissconnect herself from society she at least wanted to feel good about her appearence. That was her excuse thou, and she was sticking to it.

Whilst on the topic of apperances a feeling she tried to forget crept over her.

lonilness..

That irrevecable feeling, that need to love and be loved, to hold and be held, to touch and be touched. A feeling she had long given up on and long been trying to forget. She succeeded most days. Throwing herself into her work, or Aria's never ending issues. Marking new hunts. Whatever she needed to do to forget that she was alone, to forget that she'd been alone for as long as she could remember and to forget that she'd always be alone.

In marched anger. An anger that burned so deep it felt like a tangible part of her, like a fifth limb. Inescapable, forever with her, lurking just beneath the surface to remind her why she was alone. To remind her that it hadnt always been like this. She had had family and friends, she had had a sense of normality. Once upon a time. But it had been taken. Taken without a trace as to why. The only thing from that night she dared remember was the face, the face and the name, who had taken it all away and left her to walk the world alone. A being so covered in shadowed evil that it was unrecognisable, but that name had haunted her existance everyday for the past 16 years. The Reckoning. If ever the Reckoning crossed her path again. It would die.

Dea's emotions were a ragged whirlwind, The anger burned so sharp and the lonliness cut so deep that Dea lost sight of where she was going and walked right out into traffic.

"OI!! WATCH IT LADY" Screamed a man as the sound of screeching breaks broke her inner turmoil.

Dea jumped back out of the way, just as the ute would have hit her.

"What the hell is wrong with you!? You BLIND?!" He chocked out in a fit of rage, before flooring it up the street leaving considerable traction marks on the road.

Stopping for a second to regain her usual calm, and put her unruley emotions to rest as well as recover from that almost accident. Dea realised she was later than ever for work! Aria was going to kill her! Dea began to run as fast as she could, taking every short cut possible.