Chapter 5

Wandering for hours on end, thou still enjoying what little freedom he had been granted, was beginning to get tedious. He had no clue yet as to where to start, nor who or what he was looking for.

He had made his way into the heart of the town, noticed a newspaper stand and found that the day was Friday, which explained the exited buzz coming from everyone. The weekend was near. He briefly remembered a time when the weekend meant anything other than another day for him, and briefly wished he could enjoy them again. Before dismissing the wish, as a foolish hope, that would only make every other day even less bearable.

Taking in the sights and the smells of the city centre, he scented a smell that he HAD allowed himself to miss.

Coffee.

That rich and strong scent had him salivating and heading towards the source before he even realised it.

Entering the crowded little coffee shop the reaked of the strongest brew he'd had the joy of tasting in too long, he noticed briefly the attention he received. Woman had always been fond of him, even before his immortalisation, he was si used to it that it barely bothered him like it used too. The male attention was equally as noticeable but definitely laced with hostility. Thou he had to admitt, had he ever been granted a mate, and she looked upon another man with lust, he'd probably have to kill him.

He approached the counter and ordered a strong brew.

"Well Good Morning sir! How can I help you?" The woman behind the counter greeted him, more excitedly than she had meant too judging by the blush that crept across her face.

"Just a strong coffee, ma'am"

"ma'am? Ha well I've never been called that, sure thing! Milk? Sugar?" She was still speaking rather quickly and enthusiastically, so he summarised that she must naturally be this bubbly, at least in part.

"Milk and one sugar, please. Thank you." He replied.

"No worries! Wont be a sec! Did you want a croissant with that? They re half price with every coffee, and if i do say so myself they're To. Die. For."

Food? He mused. Now wouldn't it be nice to be able to enjoy that little luxury again. As an immortal. He didn't need to eat, it was merely something one might enjoy from time to time. Although just like this coffee, it was only going to be something he would miss again.

"No thanks."

"Are you sure? Like I said they're REALLY good!?" She persisted.

"The coffee on its own will do just fine" He thought for a second he might have sounded rude, and he wondered if he should just take the croissant so as not to hurt her feelings, but she didnt seem phased by his refusal, and he found himself glad. The world needed people like this woman, exited, full of life, happy, he'd hate to mar that at all.

"No worries! Ill be right back!"

At 22 years old, Aria had had a few year experience out and about taking in the sights of plenty of honeys! But this guy? Oh lord, lock up your daughters. This guy, she could tell would be drool worthy on his worst day. Hair that fell in just the right way, lips that begged for kisses and a physic she imagined, not that his attire gave much away, that would be heavenly to touch. His eyes thou, his eyes were the kicker, at the same time as looking confident and able to take on the world they looked saddened and haunted. Eyes that had seen too many things that couldnt be unseen.

Aria had to admitt that even thou this guy looked just like the kind of guy she wanted to cosy up with, he made her nervous. So nervous that she felt like a little school girl again.  Aria has always prided herself on her confidence but this guy was seriously scary. Sexy? Definitely! But scary as shit. She couldnt decide if she wanted to drag out his order to look at him more or get it done so he'd leave. She decided on the latter, if she were going to cover for Dea she'd need to concentrate on keeping the boss busy, not busying herself with a customer. Speaking of which, Where the hell was Dea? Aria had agreed to cover for her, but that was 45 minutes ago, there was only so long she could keep up the charade! She hoped Dea would show up! What if she didnt? What then?

Just as if Dea had heard her desperate little plee, she waltzed in the door. Slightly puffed and red faced, she'd clearly been hurrying. Aria felt a little pang of guilt for doubting her friend, who had clearly done her best to get here. Dea did more for society than anyone knew or paid her credit. She owed her life to Dea, covering a shift for her here and there was the least she could do. Dea smiled tiredly and waved over at Aria, and Aria waved enthusiastically back spilling the coffee she'd just made mr.yummy.

"Ah Shit! I mean.. Gosh!" She blushed at her own cus that had turned heads, including mr.yummys, wom by the way was laughing at her she bowed her head and turned to make another coffee. Mortified.

Elijah had to sifle an involuntary laugh. Laugh? That was unexpected. This woman was refreshing. She had just as many emotions dancing across on her face by the minute as years he had lived he was sure. He regretted laughing at her when he saw her head bowed with embarrassment, and decided he would tip her for her troubles.

"Excuse me" a voiced chimed. A beautiful voice, a voice he dreamed to hear utter his name.

Elijah had unknowingly stepping in front of the waitresses walkway to get behind the counter, and stepped quickly out of the way.

"Ah, sorry. My apologies" He quickly stammered.

"Thanks" The voice responded, as the woman passed him she brushed ever so slightly past him. That slight contact made him more aware of his own body than he had been in... a long time. The woman, a few centimeters shorter than he, looked back at him as she proceeded behind the counter, eye contact was made and he was undone.

She was the woman he had taken home last night. Mind the expression. Awake and in motion she was even more exquisite, flawless. Breath taking. He marvalled at her blush as she stole her eyes away from his stare. He continued to watch her as she hurridly rushed over to the woman re-making his coffee, and couldnt help but smile when she stole another glance in is direction.

*                                                 *                                                 *

Author's note-

Eli's about to meet Dea officially! Dum, dum, DUUUMMMMM! hehe I dont know about you guys! But I'm exited to see what she thinks of him ;P