Chapter Seven

Author's Note: I'm just going to say this right now...... I had so much fun writing this chapter....... Especially the confrontation between Kya and Pietro 😈😈😈.

Also....... I just saw Spider-Man: Homecoming and it was AMAZING!!!!!

About a week later, the Avengers finally got a hit on Ultron's movements.

"He's all over the globe...... Robotics labs, weapons facilities, jet propulsion labs..... Reports of a metal man, or men, coming in and emptying the place."

Kya frowned as she followed Maria and as she gave the report to Steve. Said man had an identical frown marring his face.

"Fatalities?"

"Only when engaged. Mostly guys left in a fugue state going on about old memories, worst fear, and something to fast to see."

The silver-haired woman decided to ignore the heat that blossomed in her cheeks. "The Maximoffs...... Now that I'm thinking about it, that actually make a lot of sense that he would go to them."

Steve nodded. "You're right, it's because of the someone they have in common."

Kya knew he was talking about Strucker. But that thought was swept away when Maria frowned.

"Not anymore."

The waterbender's surrogate aunt handed the super soldier the tablet she was holding. On the screen was a picture of Strucker's dead body. And on the wall was a single word written in blood.

Peace.

Out of the corner of her eye, Kya saw Clint talking into his cell phone.

"Negative, I answer to you. Yes ma'am."

Apparently, Steve noticed him too. "Barton, we might have something."

The archer spared the man out of time a single glance before talking into his phone again. "Gotta go."

After he hung up, Steve raised a curious eyebrow. "Who was that?"

Clint smirked before winking at Kya, who knew exactly who he was talking to. "Girlfriend."

-Very Brief Time Skip-

The three Avengers footsteps crunched against the glass that was still spread across the floor of Tony's lab. Kya, who was now carrying the tablet, handed it to Thor. The thunder god's face quickly morphed into a frustrated expression before forcing the tablet into Tony's grasp.

The billionaire 'no longer playboy' looked at the tablet with furrowed eyebrows. "What's this?"

Kya answered him. "A message...... Ultron killed Strucker."

"And he did a banksy at the crime scene, just for us."

Natasha looked stood next to Steve before frowning at the picture while Kya made her way to a computer. "This is a smokescreen. Why send a message when you've just given a speech?"

Cap looked over the waterbender's shoulders. "Strucker knew something that Ultron wanted us to miss."

The red head joined him. "Yeah, I bet he-"