•Chapter One: The Onset•

Natsu's POV

Lucy, Happy, and I walked into the guild with bright smiles on our faces. It had been a month since we'd last been here. Cana, Erza, Levy, Lisanna, Juvia, and Mira all came up and tackled Luc to the floor with a hug. She shrieked in mock terror (though I'm pretty sure it was pure horror) and reached out to me. "No can do, Heartfilia!" I walked away with a smug expression. "So, Natsu..." I looked at Gray as I slid into a seat with him, Gajeel, and Loke (who was currently visiting from the Celestial World.) "Finally learned your feelings for Lucy?" Loke finished Gray's infamous sentence, and I only groaned. "I don't-" Gajeel rolled his eyes, and scanned the room for any spying guildmates. "You totally do! Everyone can tell. The way you look at her, affection always brims from your eyes." I bit my lower lip, and glanced at Lucy. She was laughing with Levy and Lisanna, and they began to tickle her. "Gomen!~ I didn't mean it! Sto-stop!" she giggled, trying to pry their sender hands from off of her. "Oi! Salamander, I was talkin' to ya!" I snapped my attention back to the boys, and sighed, closing my eyes. "She most likely doesn't feel the same way..." I opened my eyes, and they were cocking their eyebrows at me with amused grins. "Now you got it! you don't have to tell her just yet, but sooner or later, we will." They all got up and waved me goodbye, and I groaned again. Why can't they just let me be?

"Hey, Natsu! Do you want to go home? It's pretty late in the afternoon, and I want my cookies!" I chuckled and turned to Lucy's group. "Sure!" For the time being, me and Lucy were living together since my home had been destroyed by a giant, evil creation of Happy. I stood up, walked over to Lucy, but a sickly, churning feeling stirred in the pit of my stomach. "Gah!" I started to spit up blood in my hands, palms trembling. "Natsu, are you all right?" by the time this began, we were half way home. My head started spinning, and I knelt. My eyes focused, unfocused, then refocused. Lucy grabbed my cheeks, and moved her mouth, but no sound came out. I couldn't hear anything. I couldn't take it anymore, and I collapsed to the ground.