Chapter 10 - Another firmiliar face (rewriting)

Today I was supposed to go to the gym and challenge the leader but I figured that I should train a bit more and look around for the day. Clyde didn't though he already left to challenge the gym. I walked a bit from the town and found a perfect clearly for me to train.

"Alright come out you guys!" I shouted and threw all my poke balls in the air. Red lights beamed out and out came 3 figures on the grass. I grabbed my poke balls and looked at my team so far. Pikachu my partner, starly my first caught, Riolu my second and Grovyle lastly to my team.

"Alright! So what are we going to do now then?" asked starly and stretched out his wings. "Well I figured that today we should train for the gym battle tomorrow" I explained and they nodded. "Okay our opponent is a grass type so starly will have the advantage here and glad you guys aren't weak against grass either" I explained once more and they nodded again.

"Okay ill battle with all of you against one of you guys okay?" I asked and they nodded. "Since I haven't battled with Grovyle yet. Can you Grovyle be the opponent since you are a grass type also" I said. "Whatever at least I won't have to battle with you then" he mumbled and walked off. I didn't bother to argue with him right now. "Alright ill battle with Riolu then first up" I said and Riolu smirked. He jumped in front of me and Pikachu and starly stood on the side waiting for their turn.

Hours past and training went really well with my Pokémon. I've trained with all of them and battled. But not Grovyle, since he does hate humans he refused to battle with me. It would be good if Clyde was here so I can battle against his Pokémon with mine. "Let's take a break now guys" I shouted and they all fell to the ground. "I guess we overdid it" I mumbled and sweat dropped. I also fell to the ground and watched the clouds in the skies go by, slowly.

"Well this journey has been an interesting one hasn't it?" I mumbled "Yes it has Sapphira and it has only just begun also" said a voice and I knew it was Pikachu's. I rolled to my side and saw Pikachu looking at me. "Yeah and I can't wait to continue this journey and meet new people and Pokémon" I said while looking back up at the sky. "Yes and it will also be interesting since you are also the chosen one that will save this world from darkness" he sighed. "Yeah I know and I have to wonder what danger it will be that I have to face also" I wondered.

"Yeah me too Sapphira but you know that your friends and Pokémon will always be there with you" Pikachu also said and looked up at the sky. "Yeah...but not all of them" I mumbled and turned over to the other side where all my Pokémon were. I looked over towards Grovyle and he just stood under a tree, watching the clouds go by.

I had to wonder why Grovyle let me battle him and capture him. If he hated humans and didn't want to battle me, then why come and join my team? I then heard a bang and snapped out of it. I quickly got to my feet and looked around. Riolu and starly were flying and running towards me. "Sapphira come quickly! Someone is trying to catch Grovyle" shouted Riolu.

I looked over to where Grovyle was before but there was no one there but a cloud of dust was in the air nearby. I signalled for everyone to follow me and we ran towards the cloud of dust. We got there and saw grovyle fighting another Pokémon. I checked my pokedex quickly and saw it said that it was a Lopunny. There was also a trainer with the Lopunny commanding it. The Lopunny then charged at Grovyle but Grovyle easily, jumped into the air and dodged it.

Grovyle landed on the ground and the Lopunny turned towards Grovyle. I shook my head and ran towards them. I ran in front of Grovyle and the Lopunny. I stood in front of Grovyle and glared at the Lopunny. "Hey get out of the way you human!" shouted the Lopunny. "No I will not!" I shouted back without thinking. "Great now you did it" grumbled Grovyle. I looked back at the Lopunny and it was staring shocked at me.

I faced palmed my forehead and cursed under my breath. "Hey you get out of the way!" shouted a person who was now next to the Lopunny. "Why should i?" I grumbled and didn't move. "Because I saw that Pokémon first and I'm going to catch it!" he shouted and held out a poke ball in front of him. "Sorry but this Grovyle is mine, since I already caught it" I said and Grovyle nodded his head, to my surprize. "Yeah right like a Pokémon like that will want to be with you?" he mocked me, and then laughed. I took a deep breath and closed my eyes.

When I closed my eyes I saw something that was unusual. I tried to make it out, it was a circular shape. It was white and it was shining bright. It came closer and closer to me. Then vanished and I opened my eyes. I didn't know what had just happened. The Pikachu, Riolu and starly came over and stood beside me. "Ah so they must be your Pokémon then and you actually have a Pikachu. You do know that's it's hard to get Pikachu's these days to trust you and join you team. Ever since that day with that man who caused Pokémon to not trust us humans as much anymore."

My eyes went wide and suddenly he looked familiar. "Heh finally know who I am Sapphira then?" he asked and I looked at him shocked. "So I guess you finally found a Pokémon that actually likes you huh?" he laughed. "They have a reason to hate you Sapphira. Like farther like daughter" he mocked and laughed. I looked away and was on the edge of nearly crying. "Now I will be catching that Pokémon there now" I heard him say and looked back up.

Grovyle took a step forward, in front of me. He started growling at him and so did all my other Pokémon. "I already have a trainer" he growled and turned his face towards me. "Guess you and I share a lot in common then? Don't we?" he asked faced back at the guy and his Lopunny. "Sapphira is a great friend and trainer towards us!" squawked starly. "Sapphira...is my master and no one else" I heard Riolu say and then smirked. "Sapphira is a great companion and I wouldn't be here today, if it wasn't for her" shouted Pikachu.

I looked around at my Pokémon and smiled. I looked back up at him and he was smirking? "Come on Lopunny lets go and Sapphira guess you have changed then, if your Pokémon trust you that much" he mumbled and with that walked away from us, with Lopunny right behind him. All my Pokémon looked back at me and smiled. "I'm glad I'm going on this journey with your guys as my team and soon more" I said and smiled back.

"Come on let's get back then" I said and got out my poke balls. Riolu, Starly and Grovyle went into their poke balls and Pikachu hopped into my shoulder. We started walking back to town and we didn't talk. I was in deep thought about that boy. I knew him from my home town. He usually teased me, with other children when I was young. I just sighed and faced palmed my head.

It was already late and the sun was setting down slowly. I walk into the Pokémon centre, to our room. I expected Clyde to be back and will started annoying me, on how he has already got his 2nd badge. I opened the door and no one was there only a note that was on, one of the beds. I read the note and it said "Already got the 2nd badge and leaving to get my third 3rd so see you may be on the road then -Clyde."

I sighed and sat on the bed. I knew he was going to leave since he only said to here. Oh well I didn't mind ill might meet other people to travel with on the road but for now I got to focus on tomorrow battle to get my 2nd badge!