Chapter 5 - Strange problems

I was walking down the path with Pikachu on my shoulder and Starly in his poke ball, for once.

"Can we stop and have some lunch Sapphire, I'm starving" complained Pikachu looking at his belly.

"Yeah okay and look we can have lunch over there in that clearing, just ahead" I suggested and he agreed immediately.

We go to the clearing; Pikachu hopped off my shoulder and started rolling in the grass for who knows why. I placed my bag onto the ground, getting out two bowls and some poke-food. Pouring poke-food into both bowls Starly suddenly came out of his poke ball and was sitting on my head, eyeing the food carefully.

I merely rolled my eyes and smiled,

"Okay, dig in you two" I laughed and they got straight into it, I then got out an apple and sat down near themtaking a bite out of it. I quickly finished taking the last bite out of the apple and got out a plain jam sandwich.

Pikachu had already finished his food, I only took one bite out of my sandwich and he was already staring at it closely.

"Fine, but share it with Starly" I sighed in annoyance, chucking the sandwich at Pikachu and he ran off with it.

I only finished a quarter of the sandwich and then started packing everything away into my bag. I glanced over to where Starly and Pikachu were and noticed that there was someone else with them. Throwing my bag over my shoulder I started walking over towards them and saw them all getting into an attack position.

"What's going on?" I asked, while getting out my pokedex and saw that it was a Riolu in front of us.

"That darn Riolu stole part of my sandwich!" Starly said angrily and glared sharply at the Riolu who only smirked in return.

"Here, have this then" I sighed getting the other part of the sandwich out and tossed it at Starly who caught it happily.

"Yummy!" he mumbled nibbling the sandwich quickly, I looked at the Riolu and he glared up at me.

"You shouldn't steal things that are not yours; here you can have this then?" I said bending down on my knees and held out the other part of the sandwich in front of me. His eyes went wide for a second and he eyed the sandwich closely.

He then snatched the sandwich out of my hand and started eating it, still keeping his eyes on me and I merely smiled.

"Alright we got you now, Riolu!" a voice female voice shouted. I turned around and saw a girl running at full speed toward us and a small Pokémon trying to keep up with her.

"Alright, Piplup use bubble!" the girl commanded and the little Piplup ran past her, bubbles then shot out of its mouth, but the Riolu easily dodged the attack. The Riolu then jumped up, landing onto a tree branch and looked at me for a brief second then dashed off deeper into the forest.

"Dam it! I nearly had that Riolu that time!" the girl shouted in frustration, picking up her Piplup and was walking over to us.

"Sorry if I harmed you or your Pokémon or anything. Also my name is Cleo" she said smiling at me. She had blonde hair tied into two ponytails on each side and had chocolate brown eyes, she wore a pink and purple striped dress with pink high boots that went up to her knees.

"Nah, you didn't harm anyone and I'm Sapphire"

"Nice to meet you, this is my partner Piplup and we started our journey not too long ago" she said looking down at her Piplup and it smiled back up at her.

"This is my partner Pikachu and my other Pokémon Starly. We started our journey not too long ago either" I said happily, Pikachu jumping on my shoulder and Starly flew into my head.