A new life together...

Dimitri

"Rose, welcome to our new home." Lissa calls. she smacks a kiss on Christians cheek as the girls get out of the car. Late afternoon sun drifts through the pine trees that obscured the house from potential view. I cut off the ignition, Lissa pulled all of her savings to buy a house for us 4. White weather boards and blue window frames, 3 bedrooms, though Lissa was nearly thrown out of the car when she mentioned that there were two master bedrooms on opposite it's ends of the house so we couldn't hear them, and they couldn't hear us. Rose was glaring at the clouds on the other side of the tinted glass window, the temperature dropped 60 degrees farenheit in her eyes, but I slipped our fingers together. Even she knew we couldn't be together. our job was those two. nothing else. but it didnt mean we couldn't show that we still cared about each other, just showing that I cared was enough to tide her over. But of course Christian had to bring up that we wouldn't need to use protection because dhampirs can't have kids together, to many people's disappointment ( Rose don't ask it was her part in the conversation not mine)

"Let us see what my lover spent all her money on and then lets train." chris sighs. latly I've been helping him use his powers as a defence mechanism.

"I bet rose can wait to get back to beating you up."

"Well it doesn't hurt after a while, you should try it." I suggest.

"Sure when my life isn't worth living any more, yeah I might try."

Rose

The dark clouds tell me it's my turn for taking watch. that a d the fact dimitri collapsed on the couch next to me, a thick novel in his hands. Lissa was asleep on the lazy-boy. Christian had a brain and went to bed an hour ago, but be cause I woke up as he fell on to his squeaky mattress. the springs creaked under his weight, I had taken the smaller room closer to their room. though one day soon I would regret this decision, when they felt Dimitri and I wouldn't notice a strange noise and the over happy emotions pouring through the bond that Lissa and I shared

I kiss Dimitris cheek as he opens the book and slip out into the dark night.

Three hours later something stirred in the darkness, a single bird landed on the tall branch of a pine tree. a few needles fall to the dirt beside it, it emits a strange song that reminds me of a lullaby. my promise mark burns on the back of my neck, four molnijas surrounded the mark of a gardian, I was now a legal adult and an official gardian, dimitri was my partner. we were assigned the lovebirds because of my conection to Lissa. a d though I was in love with him I knew I could never have him, even if this were just a normal life, a human life. He was seven years older than me making that very unusual, but my life was dedicated to the Moroi I protected. the last of the dragomirs, one of the twelve royal Moroi families. Lissa was like a sister, but I was bound to this woman with the fact that I could tell how she felt, even if I was on the other side of the planet I could always tell if she was in trouble. Then of course Christian, Lissa's boyfriend that spoilt her and made me sick when I was sucked into her head as the had sexy times I a church attic/ their lovenest. I'm actually shocked how he hasn't managed to knock her up.

"Roza? you out here?" Dimitri calls from the door.

"No. I'm a sales agent trying to protect your house from other con artists that try and sell their worthless shit to some pathetic whore." I snap, my thoughts interrupted by his angelic voice. I could only think about how much I wanted to share a room with him, and fall asleep I his arms at night. be woken with a cup of coffee in the mourning and a kiss, a kiss that didnt matter that he was seven years older or that we were sworn to protect Moroi and not each other, I loved him to much. To much for it to be safe, for it to not to rub off o our life.

"Oh okay then, have fun." he sous shutting the door and locking it. I hear the sound of a dead bolt sliding in to place. damn he was an ass.

"Dimitri let me in! I was joking, it is me." yet when he opens the door slightly, blocking it with his toe, eyeing me suspisiously as if I was about to pounce on him. I pull on my best sales perso. Smile and hold some branch that lay o the ground next to were I stood I speak in the most nasal filled voice possible I introduce the mega stick three thousand.

" Oh rose. all ways trying to make me smile and then the door slams in my face