Coffee

I woke up that morning, at 6 am and was so excited to see Scarlett again. I got ready like I do every morning. I went into the bathroom and took a shower. I brushed my teeth, combed my hair, and found my perfume. It's lavender-scented.

I didn't do anything special with my hair I just put it in a messy bun. I put on a little blush and eyeliner. I don't use mascara. I slid some lip gloss on my lips to make them shine.

After I had finished I walked downstairs and saw Ariel sitting on the couch with a bowl of cereal. She looked up at me and grinned. She knew about my coffee date with Scarlett.

"You up awfully early today." She said.

I looked at the clock and it was 7:30. It took me a half hour to get ready! I poured myself a bowl of cereal and sat beside Ariel. She was staring at me with the biggest grin on her face.

"Okay, so I'm up early. I can't help it I'm so excited. I want to make sure I'm not running late."

She giggled and continued eating. After we both got done I helped her with the dishes. It was 8:00 so I figured I'd sit and talk with her before I left. I was so jumpy, I was nervous.

Ariel kept trying to calm me down, but nothing seemed to work. Everything that could go wrong went through my mind. What if she didn't like me? What if I said something stupid? What if I spilled the coffee on her?

Oh no, that last thought was so bad. I started shaking. My hands were sweating, and I felt like I couldn't breathe. I looked at the clock and it was 9.

I grabbed my keys, phone, and wallet, then I left. I rode around town to clear my head and headed to Starbucks.

I walked in looking for Scarlett. My eyes were scanning the room, then I spotted her. She looked so stunningly beautiful. I couldn't take my eyes off her. She had her face on her phone with her headphones in.

I walked over to her table and she didn't notice me. I tapped her shoulder and it kind of startled her. I laughed as she blushed.

"Is this seat taken?"

She stood up and pulled my seat out for me. I thought that was so sweet. I went to sit down when she whispered something in my ear.

"It's taken by the most beautiful girl in the world."

I blushed and quickly sat down. This time it was her turn to laugh. Let me tell you her laugh was intoxicating. I could listen to it all day. Unlucky me I don't know how to be funny so I probably won't hear it much today.

"So how was your morning?" she asked. She seemed a little nervous. It was cute on her.

"Well, it was well. I was kinda nervous though."

"Really? To be honest I was nervous too."

"I didn't picture you as the nervous type." I sounded very flirty. I wasn't even trying to.

"Yeah, I guess it's because I'm having coffee with a beautiful girl. I imagined myself spilling the coffee on you. How crazy is that?"

I stared at her with a blank expression. I just thought the same thing this morning. I couldn't believe it. She was just as nervous as I was.

"What?" she asked me.

"I thought the same thing this morning. I was stressing myself out. I worry about stuff very easily. This is the first date I've been on with a girl. I just don't want to ruin it."

She had the biggest grin on her face. She was about to say something but she started laughing.

There it is. That sound. I closed my eyes and savored it. When I opened my eyes she had her head back still in a fit of laughter. When she stopped her face was so red.

"I'm sorry haha, I just can't help it."

"What's so funny?"

"Nothing I just knew how my face looked when you said that. I was surprised to hear it."

"What did I say?"

"You said we were on a date."

OMG, I did say that. I couldn't believe it. Oh, I hope she doesn't think I'm moving too fast.

"I'm so so sorry Scarlett. I hope you don't mind that I said it was a date. I'm not trying to move too fast or anything."

I was so worried now. I wonder what she's thinking. She burst out laughing again. Wow, I wished to hear her laugh and my wish came true. She was so beautiful when she laughed. She was beautiful no matter what she did.

"No, no your not moving too fast. I'm glad you said it's a date. I'm also glad that your first date with a girl is with me. Not to sound stuck up or anything but I'm glad we get to experience this together."

I liked this girl. She is so cool, beautiful, smart, and funny. I think I could fall for her, the more time we spend together.

We ordered our coffee and talked about our lives. She told me that she came out to her family in high school. She said everyone supported her. That made me happy to know she had her family.

I told her that I just found out two years ago how I felt. I told her how I haven't told anyone yet. I'm scared to tell them. I don't know how they will react. I feel like I'm alone and have nobody.

I like how she listened to me. She let me finish what I had to say before she asked a question or commented. I like how she gave me advice. I felt like I could be myself around her. I liked that. I like her.

After we finished our coffee. We were about to leave. My phone started ringing. I apologized and excused myself. Scarlett didn't mind she told me to take as long as I needed.

It was my doctor. I was worried for a second. I answered the phone and immediately wished I didn't.

"Hello?"

"Hello, Holly this is Dr. Lance. I am calling you about your results. I think you should come in to see me as soon as possible."

I couldn't believe it. I was so worried about what they found. I forgot all about them.

Scarlett saw my worried look and asked me what was wrong.

"My doctor called me in for my test results."

"What kind of tests?"

"A mammogram and pap smear."