8. Welcome to the burning session, today is Athena vs Ares

Apollo went to the stage once Thalia hopped off. "Okay peeps, next up is..." He looks down to his golden piece of paper in his hands. "Percy from the Poseidon cabin, come on up!" Percy, who was half paying attention, stumbled towards the stage as Piper shoved him. 

"Go on, Perce!" She shouts. Percy smiles sadly and walks to the stage. He gets to the microphone with ease or without any complications. "I'll be singing Something Just Like This by Coldplay."

Austin nodded and went to start the music.  

The noise and chatter of the crowd quieted as the the next was coming on. Quiet enough to hear Athena grumbled,"children of Ares are all vacuous, along with him himself. At least the son of poseidon has wit."

 Ares snapped his head towards her," excuse you? What did you say about my child and I?"

"I said that you and all of your dimwitted children are vacuous." Athena says, raising her head high. Ares growled," why you - "

Athena blinked back her surprise and Ares smirked. "What are you surprised at?" Athena sighs,"oh, I believed you were too unintelligent - or shall I say brainless, since you need words that you can understand without losing a few brain cells because you were thinking to hard  -   to understand what the word vacuous means. If any of his children are out there, vacuous means to have the lack of intelligence. "  She huffs this out in one breath, glaring daggers at her half-sibling. 

Ares stared back with the same intensity. Percy was sure you could grab a knife and cut through it. Some of the gods and demigods looked liked they were trying hard not to laugh.  The romans looked aghast. 

"Why you - "

"Why you?" Athena says harshly, cutting him off. "Can you not think of anything else to say - or is being to ignorant and arrogant take up too much space in that small brain of yours to use some synonyms?" 

Nothing has ever made Athena so angry to start burning people since the day of the weaving battle between her and Arachne (It was intense).  Ares looks like a bull as his eyes shimmered with the need to kill.

Athena seemed to get the same message. "You want to fight? Here?I know all your strategies. technically it's only one: charge with the spear and hope that your opponent is more dull-witted than you." 

Ares opened his mouth to say something but Apollo cut in. He laughed awkwardly," ay, we're doing a concert here, not a burning session. If you guys want to fight, there's a battle arena over there. If any of you folks in the crowd want to watch it, I'm sure Hephaestus TV will have it covered. Thank you." 

Athena glared one last time at Ares before sitting back into her chair, as well as Ares. "Now," Apollo says. "We can get to the music," he turns to Austin and walks towards the DJ booth. The audio starts playing and Percy takes a deep breath.

I do not own or create this. Rights go to Chainsmokers & Coldplay

I've been reading books of old
The Legends and the Myths
Achilles and his gold
Hercules and his gifts
Spiderman control
and Batman with his fists
and clearly I don't see myself up on that list

She said where you want to go?
how much you want to risk?
I'm not looking for somebody with some superhuman gifts
some superhero some fairytale Bliss
just something I can turn to
somebody I can kiss

I want something just like this
doo-doo-doo-doo-doo-doo-doo-doo-doo-doo-doo-doo-doo
I want something just like this
Doo-doo-doo-doo-doo-doo-doo-doo-doo-doo-doo-doo-doo

Oh I want something just like this.

I want something just like this.

I've been reading books of old,
the Legends in the Myths
the Testaments that told the moon in its eclipse
and Superman unroll his suit before he lifts
but I'm not the kind of person that it fits.

She said where do you want to go?
how much you want to risk?
I'm not looking for somebody with some superhuman gifts
some superhero
some fairytale Bliss
just something I can turn to
somebody I can miss

I want something just like this

Oh, I want something just like this!

Doo-doo-doo-doo-doo-doo-doo-doo-doo-doo-doo-doo-doo
Oh,I want something just like this
Doo-doo-doo-doo-doo-doo-doo-doo-doo-doo-doo-doo-doo

Where'd you want to go?
how much you want to risk?
I'm not looking for somebody with some superhuman gifts
some superhero
some fairytale Bliss
just something I can turn to
somebody I can kiss
I want something just like this

Oh I want something just like this

Percy bowed quickly and skipped off the stage.

 Apollo sighed as he looked over to the crowd. Hopefully nothing like that will happen again - it will ruin the show (and most importantly; turn his hair white). 

Edited: 25/03/19