Chapter #6

Chapter #6

As the previous slumber faded, my clearheaded mind gradually came back. Looking around the room I saw only gray. The walls visible only from the narrow passage directing the floodlight in through a puny flaw in the architectural design. Assuming the floodlight was part of this supposed custody center, someone could be in a session of questioning, torture, or harsh tactics.

The time was gone now. Soaring away. It was a sure fact that I was here for not just torment, but for Coldan's sake. Coldan was in the other cage, I bet. I still do not know why we are here, and that pesters me.

They drugged me before I could ask questions, before I could see Coldan seperated from me. Are we both isolated currently? Who would tell me? Coldan could be tormented, killed, or severely wounded, but there is no way to tell at the moment.

I am chained in the most retro of chains. As I observe the chains, I note that there is no rust, or key hole, prooving a theory that is shocking. These are robotic arms. I do not know if they are alive or dead, but here are the clamped hands.

Then, I think of it. Maybe we are in the goverment base! The one in the middle of our almost complete 'O'. Certainly it is not completely good, but more like 'somewhat good'.

I could get on their side, and unveil the conspiracy to the public. First, I need to find Coldan. Before that, I need to cooperate until I am released from this cage.

After an hour of patience, silence, heat, and light, a person comes in. It was not a robot, or was it? The person approached, but I looked down continuing my interrupted thoughts.

As I looked down at the sawdust, dirt, and red stains, very much so blood, the waves of motion from my guest increased. Nobody spoke, and I felt a numbing pain. My cold, clammy body felt an immediate warmth.

At first, the shield decided whether or not to except it, but thought of it as its own, allowing the warmth to spread. Allowing the feel to expand, yet dueling it just as well.

The tint of the tan brown floor with various piles of debris gracefully darkened. The warmth cooled, but spread to the edge and the corners, causing my body to slouch. That body of mine acted as if I had deceased, giving off a sight most hope not to see: distress.

I was drugged. I know now that my death would be full of much: torture, forced drugs, and pain. All that's on my mind is of Coldan's panic, and how he will respond to the pain.

If he is still alive...

My world is full of peace. Not right now in this hellhole, but in civilized daily life. So much peace and laziness that Coldan doesn't stand a chance if these people want to hurt us.

Every morning in the civilized world, you wake up to a delectable breakfast already prepared.There is school at a reasonable time and enjoyable classes. You are practically happy all day.

See what's missing? There's no challenge! Nothing evil to conquer or big problems to solve. Hell, you even learn to cook through a manual.

Robots do it for you. Sirloin quit school when he wanted to hang out with Sweetheart... And do things on his own for her.

Thing is, you can't be tough at that young of an age while living in this technology-based world! It's almost a mental impossibility! I don't mean physically strong, but, more like, stable.

And I know that Coldan needs to be independent. We have to rely on nobody but ourselves and have various escape routes. For the moment, I hope Coldan can make it through his first real challenge in all his life.