Chapter #1

Chapter#1

Lily Ann Lapisrose.

I think of beautiful lily pads on a sun setting lake. I think of splendor lapis lazuli, the magnificent blue polished mineral. I think of a dozen roses in many colors; red, pink, white, blue, orange, and even rainbow. I think of a beautiful scene with a sunset. There's a pond reflecting the sun's setting colors in the sky. Abundance of roses and lilies, facing the pond. Lapis lazuli in every step.

My name does not fill my personality, but personality always changes. When I was named by the Personality-Namer, this must have been what the robotic contraption saw.

With the technology to analyze personality, surely that image is what I would see I a robotic mirror? Nope. A mirror only shows the outside, no true beauty from within. No robotic mirrors are worth the time of inventing, seeing how they barely reflect an image. Imagine a mirror that always showed your inside spirit. Not your organs, but the real deal. The magnificent things it could show! Are you truly honest? Let us find out with a look in the mirror. See the regretful person beneath their costume. No more tricks from those incognito.

This is what I am determined to build. This may be my purpose. It will be perfected after I establish the plans. Sincerely, this is my ambition.

Though nobody human chooses our names, we can still choose our life of education, career, and other aspects. I am not sure where people originally came from.

My 'brother' is of no way in relation to me, yet none of my housemates are. He was named with the same last name, and for why? Nobody knows. His name is Coldan Jay Lapisrose, and he is not even in my age group. Coldan is only 5. Only in third grade! He is definitely immature, which does not meet the expectations of his age.

I made a comparison the first day I got back from college to meet Coldan. I have pale skin, light blue eyes, blondish brown hair, and hair down past my shoulders. Coldan has dark tanned skin, hazel eyes, and green-engineered hair down to the start of his neck.

We live in the world called 'Orb Silver'.  A century ago, we did not have a name for the universe, to show that we have advanced.   Our Dimension, or "Realm O".  Realm O is said to be the first of all the parellel universes created.

We have many known dimensional worlds.  How do we communicate with the other dimensional worlds, one might ask? It is a very unique, and cautious process. Only those of superior clearance may know this supposedly tedious task.

First, allow me to tell of the way we changed technology.

Our Scientists had realized that we had dimensions beyond ours. The process is said to have ripped a hole through the "space-time continum".  The men and women did not want to tear a hole in any sky, but we all needed to communicate.  After all, it's human instinct to communicate with the unknown.

Fortunately, the other realms had already communicated to everyone except for us. They sent a message saying:

To those people whom are our neighbors:

With recent technological advances, we have found a way to communicate, without killing anyone, of course. We have recorded seven dimensions, you, and us; technically totaling ten. So far we have called it the Realms of "RB SILVER", after the first to communicate.  We are thinking that you shall be Realm 'O'!  This would make the universe "ORB SILVER".  Best luck to you! With this letter, we attach a box full. It contains all the Realm history textbooks. Feel free to acknowledge them by reproduction, manufacturing, etc. Send us one of your textbooks along with your response. Please consider using stationary paper, for it has prooved to not wear down.  We hope to invent a way to have a meeting of all the dimensional leaders!

Respond soon, and date the time you got these materials, and whence you sent yours!

Sincere once, sincere forever,

The Realms of RB SILVER (Soon to be ORB SILVER)

Quite a letter, and complete with zero textbooks. The writer claimed there was ten dimensions though, so where were those books? With nine being sent, you think at least one would arrive! It is still believed to be lost in the Parallex, or the area between the dimensions.  The letter had unique paper with crazy symbols!  This document was considered suspicious for many reasons, but that is not important at the moment.

We sent back a letter claiming that we would accept the title of 'Realm O'.  Along with the stationary paper,  the most recent textbook was sent, and another unknown item. This item was kept secret, so even I do not know what it is. The textbook, chances were didn't make it.

I almost forgot to mention how we learned the process. The instructions were printed on the back of the currently-worshiped document. The document, however precious, is concealed from all but authorized. The instructions are "Top-Secret". The most famous scientists of our era have never seen this document, or at least they claim they have not.

A decade later, we are in the current time. Everything I have told is masked by rumors that are an epidemic. Beliefs that the "genuine document" is truly correct are false beliefs. I am smart enough to know opposing to the rest of society.

My intellect is one reason I will succeed in my career as an inventor! (Keep in mind I did go to college).

As priorly said, I live in the same house with Coldan. I also live with an older woman on Death's threshold, a crazy teenager at age eighteen, and a nimble forty year-old man.

Blessadeli, or Adeli is the woman who is in her last year of being an octogenarian. The nimble man's name is Jellrye, but is mostly just called "Rye". That crazy teenager, Sirloin, may just be the weirdest drop-out I have ever met. (Sirloin actually quit education in eighth grade to be with his girlfriend, Sweetheart. Sweetheart crushed him a week later.) Coldan, of course, is only five -almost six- and more than slightly immature for third grade objectives.  All of these people have to live with me, Lilly, at age 14.

A multicolored two-story house with a basement is our home. Next to us live the Larchiana Family. Their house is quite dull in color compared to all the tie-dyed houses on the street. As I was saying, our house is quite the norm. I live on the same floor as Coldan; the top. Rye and Adeli claimed the first floor when they first arrived. Sirloin choose to roam the basement as a lone wolf. All of the other rooms; the dining room, kitchen, and study are all on the first floor too. Everybody has their own room, and we all stay pleasant in the small amount of solitude allowed per day.

After dinner is made, we gather at the table. this is one of the many times we come out of our cirriculums, but news is never scarce.

After finishing a second bowl consisting of Turkey Noodle Soup; turkey, potatoes, celery, onions, carrots, pepper, and other spices, I decide to collapse into the warm arms of exhaustion. I welcome wonderful dreams to Sirloin, Rye, Adeli, and finally Coldan. As I sleep, I dream of the other realms, a future Lily Lapisrose, deaths arriving, and my soon to come invention.

All of my dreams were about to be interrupted though, and death was certain in the next few hours.