Chapter Twelve - Hold On Til May

Chapter Twelve – Hold On Til May

The last few days have been passed with small sweet dates, learning to ride a penny board (that one hurt a bit), a lot of kissing, a visit to the google headquarters and lots and lots of Jack. These next two months are going to be hard.

It’ll be May 13th before I see Jack again. His birthday and also the day after my last exam of this year. Finn and I arranged it all, Jack thinks that he’s going to travel up to Glasgow to meet me a couple of days before we leave for France, I told him that my last exam isn’t until then so it’ll all be a surprise for Jack. But it’s killing me to not tell him, I’m pretty bad at keeping secrets.

I’ve just finished getting dressed when Jack walks into his room with just a towel on. This boy and his good looks will be the death of me, I swear to God.

“I think a picture will last longer babe.” He says with a cheeky smirk.

“Yup, you’re hil-a-rious.”  I say walking past him and pulling his towel away from him. “Oops. Sorry about that.” I giggle and shamelessly stare at Jack with a smirk. Jack shrugs and calmly walks over to his dresser to get some clothes. “Still want me to take that picture?”

“Go ahead, babe. Nothing you haven’t seen before.” Jack looks over his shoulder and winks at me. Laughing I pull my phone out of my pocket and take a picture of him. “I didn’t actually mean it!” He exclaims when he hears the click.

“Relax dear; I have a password for a reason, only I will see it. Now at least I have one picture of you that’s, well, different from the others.” I walk up to Jack and kiss him passionately. I can’t believe that this is the last day I get to see him.

Jack groans loudly. “Why do you have to leave?” I laugh.

“Some of us didn’t drop out of college.” I kiss him again. “Now get dressed and meet me down stairs when you’re ready. Remember we only have four hours before I need to be at the train station and I want to spend every minute of it with you.”

This day is going to be a tough one.

I can feel it.

~oOo~

We spent the last few hours curled up together on the couch watching a bunch of movies and kissing… A lot… A lot of kissing and other things which kissing often leads to…

Now unfortunately Finn, Jack and I are at the train station. I’m trying really hard to hold in the tears as I hug Finn goodbye.

“Don’t forget the plan okay? I’ll be there to pick you up when you get off the train. Alright?” I nod and pull out of the hug. “Hey don’t cry I’ll see you soon, and it’s not like we won’t keep in touch right?”

“Right, I’ll see you soon Finn.” I hug him one last time before pulling away and turning to his brother. His stupid, stupid brother. The boy I’ve fallen head over heels for in the space of just two weeks.

Jack holds out his arms and I run into them releasing a sob and letting the tears flow. “I’m gonna miss you.”

“Good, I don’t want you to forget me that quickly.” He laughs but I can hear the sadness in his voice breaking.

“Don’t be ridiculous, you’re the only person who loves me this much. I haven’t had anything close to a family in a very long time and I’m not letting you go.” I take a deep breath. “And besides we’ve started rumours amongst our subscribers now, it wouldn’t be fair to put them to rest that easily. We need to a have at least a little bit of fun with it.”

The train to Glasgow Central will be leaving in five minutes.” The announcer crackles through the station.

Jack and I pull apart, and Jack pulls me in for a kiss. “Let’s not say goodbye because it’s not goodbye, I’ll see you in June.”

“See you in June.” With one last kiss I pick up my cases and walk to the train, turning only to look back and wave once.

With a smile on my lips I take a seat on the train beside the window with one thought running through my mind.

I’ll see him in May.